Chapter 56 Part 2 - "Can't See Through Him"

....

The Qingyuan Hall.

Emperor Murong Cheng of the Northern Yan Kingdom had just got up for lunch, and learned that Princess Zhaohua was waiting in the Hall, so he let her in.
When he saw that his Beloved Daughter's beautiful eyes were slightly red and swollen, and her expression was different, frowning and not so chattering as usual, he was quite distressed, secretly thinking,

'What happened to Zhaohua?'

"Zhaohua, who made you angry?"
he asked lovingly.

"Emperor Father, this Daughter's marriage is related to my own happiness, and I don't want to marry a man I don't like at all."
Murong Chang said aggrieved, with tears flowing from her eyelashes, sad and pitiful.

"Marriage matters are always the orders of parents.
Zhaohua, don't be self-willed.
I will definitely pick a man you like for you."
Murong Cheng's face became cold, and he spoke earnestly.
He would never compromise on this matter.

"Emperor Father, if you want Your Daughter to be satisfied, let me choose him myself, otherwise I won't be satisfied."
She was so angry that her cheeks were bulging, showing a bit of her tenderness.

'No matter what, I'm going to marry that person!'

He suddenly looked unhappy and frowned,

"Zhaohua, I do it for your own good.
If you don't learn how to behave yourself and keep acting like this, I will be angry."

She could see that her Emperor Father would never compromise with it.
After a long silence, her eyes were fixed, and she resolutely said:

"This Daughter and the Royal King are in love with each other..."

Suddenly an energetic and beautiful voice came from outside the Hall:

"Your Majesty, this minister is ashamed and asks for Your Majesty to make justice for me.

Just now, this Minister was in the Study Room to review the court memorials as always.
Princess Zhaohua was sympathetic to me and delivered iced melons and fruits.

This Minister thought that the Princess was just passing by, that she had come to pay a quick visit and had sent iced melons and fruits to relieve the heat of this scorching summer.

Unexpectedly, after leaving the melons and fruits, the Princess seemed to have mistakenly thought that I had a longing for the Princess.

Your Majesty, this Minister was wronged!
I have always regarded the Princess just as a younger sister, and never had an affair with children."
Murong Yu turned to her and said with a sincere voice,

"Princess, I don't know what went wrong, causing the Princess to misunderstand and I apologize for it!
This Minister deserves to die for this misunderstanding.

But the Princess can rest assured that the Crown Prince, your Prince Bother, will definitely choose a Consort Husband with both civil and military skills and extraordinary temperament for the Princess."

Murong Chang's well-prepared words got stuck into her throat, and her chest became tight and full of anger.

'What else could she say when he had already denied all her affirmation?'

Originally she wanted to force Murong Yu to give in by letting her Emperor Father compromise with him, on the basis that they already had an intimate skin-to-skin relationship, but he actually guessed her intentions and hurried over to destroy her plan.

Murong Chang gritted her teeth and swallowed her saliva.
Her lies had been exposed.
She was so ashamed and couldn't find a way out of it.
Even if she did say those words, her Emperor Father wouldn't be on her side now...

Emperor Murong Cheng glared at his Beloved Daughter, pale with anger.

'This Daughter of mine is really spoiled.'

"Your Majesty, I believe today's weather was extremely hot.
The Princess must have been exposed to too much heat from the sun, so that's why she behaved badly and spoke nonsense."
Murong Yu said warmly.

"Zhaohua, even if I have indulged and spoiled you in the past, it doesn't mean that you can do anything about this marriage."
Murong Cheng's complexion was pale, and his anger remained unchanged.

Although he knew that his favorite Daughter had always been arrogant and stubborn, perhaps this time he was really moved by Murong Yu's words and saw her with a different light...
However, he did it for her own good, and she would understand it later on.

Thinking of this, he hardened his heart and coldly ordered:

"You shouldn't be running around in such a hot day!
Go back to your Palace and stay in the Sleeping Hall, carefully thinking about your behaviors.

On the day of the Martial Arts Test, you must be there.
Zhaohua, if you make me disappointed, I will never be merciful to you again and never accept such a ridiculous attitude in the future!"

Murong Chang stared at Murong Yu, as if she hadn't heard the reprimand from her Emperor Father.
Her beautiful eyes were filled with tears, flickering and shining, intertwined with mixed feelings of resentment, sadness, love and affection.
Eager to have him, her attitude and obsession was actually moving.

"Why aren't you responding?
Do you want to make me angry?"
Murong Cheng saw her stubborn look, and he sternly scolded her,

"I really did a bad job in rasing and spoiling you so much!
Go back and think about your behaviors behind closed doors!
Don't you dare taking half a step out of your Sleeping Hall!"

"This Princess retires."
She glanced at her Emperor Father, then looked at Murong Yu, and finally ran away with a pale face and red eyes.
The moment she turned around, tears flew in the air, splashing down the Palace bricks.

Murong Cheng sighed for a long time,

"Too much pampering, and all you get back in return is heart-stirring."

Murong Yu said warmly:
"Your Majesty, don't worry.
The Princess will definitely understand with time."

Murong Cheng nodded.
Actually, he was a little puzzled by Murong Yu's words and deeds.

'He has great ambitions, brilliant talents, and even higher hidden ambitions.
But why didn't he insist on marrying Zhaohua?
As long as he marries Zhaohua, he will be honored as a Minister, and his power will be even more monstrous...
If only he wanted to, he could have even used Zhaohua to threaten me.
However, he didn't do it...'

More than ever, Murong Cheng felt that he couldn't see through Murong Yu at all.

And as such, Murong Yu also knew that this was the reason why His Majesty refused to let Princess Zhaohua marry him.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 56 PART 2
.....................to be continued