Chapter 31 Part 1 - "His Majesty is Bored"

....

Murong Ci immediately objected:

"Emperor Father's dragon body has not yet fully recovered!
Doctor Xue ordered that Emperor Father must rest more!

Royal Concubine, if you let the Emperor Father go to a banquet and eat meals randomly....what if the Emperor.....
Can you bear responsibilities?"

'What if the Palace people or the Ministers with a leaky mouth tells him what happened recently, and the Father learns about what happened?

He would be shocked and it would affect his health again...!!'

Concubine Xiao gently fed His Majesty.
Her voice was soft and unhurried,

"It is natural for Your Royal Highness to have such worries.
But Your Majesty is bored in the sleeping hall these days, and it is not good for his spirits if he's bored for a long time.
Walking outside is more beneficial to the rehabilitation of Your majesty's dragon body.

Moreover, during these days, Your Majesty is recovering from illness, and many important Ministers have asked for advice.

"The Royal King declined the Ministers' request on the grounds of Your Majesty's recovering, which led to a lot of speculation in the court."
She secretly smirked and smiled at him,

"Your Majesty, this banquet will let the Ministers see that Your Majesty is getting better, and those speculations will naturally disappear."

Murong Cheng smiled calmly,

"My bones and muscles feel soft these days on the sleeping couch, so I should take a walk outside once in a while."

The golden phoenix pattern on his slick high hair bun shook slightly, and the golden light fluttered, making Murong Cheng's face look paler in contrast with the background.

"If Your Majesty were unwell at the banquet, this Consort will accompany Your Majesty to rest immediately.
Besides, all the concubines will pay attention.
Meals that Your Majesty cannot eat will not appear in the Royal dining table."

Seeing that her Father was in high spirits, Murong Ci no longer objected.
Perhaps, being always bored in the sleeping hall, will make the Father panic, and it will not help his condition.

She retired and left.

When she walked to the jade steps in front of the hall, she heard hurried footsteps behind her, followed by Concubine Xiao's cold voice:

"Your Highness, wait just a moment."

Murong Ci stopped, turned around and said coldly:

"What's the matter with the Concubine?"

"The weather is still hot these days, and it's inappropriate for Concubine Zhao's body to be parked for so many days without being buried...
If the Dali Temple can't detect the cause of death soon, then, will Concubine Zhao not be buried into soil for safety?"

Concubine Xiao looked directly at the prince in front of her, holding the posture of the Lady of the Harem, the one in charge of everything...

"Since Concubine Zhao died, whether she hanged herself or was killed, I think it is better to let her body be buried as soon as possible."

"Then...How about holding the funeral after the Palace Banquet, what does the Imperial Concubine think?"
Murong Ci resigned.

Concubine Xiao did not expect the Prince to speak so well, so she was taken aback for a while and said,

"This Consort will order for it to be prepared then."

Leaving the Qingyuan Hall, Qin Ruo asked,

"Why did His Royal Highness agree to let Concubine Zhao be buried?"

Murong Ci smiled and said,

"Concubine Zhao's body should have already been examined thoroughly.
Even if she is buried, she can be dug out for later examination...

After all, doesn't Shen Zhiyan like to dig graves?"

Qin Ruo refrained her laughers and said with a smile,

"If Master Shen heard what His Highness said, how would he feel?"

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 31 PART 1
.....................to be continued