Chapter 59 Part 3 - "Quickly Solving the Case"

....

Shen Zhiyan looked dumbfounded,

'He was the murderer?
His Highness inferred the murderer so quickly?
What is the basis?'

He had always boasted that there was no one in the country who could judge a case better than him, when it comes to autopsies, and that he was like a god in investigation!
Unexpectedly, His Highness also had such a talent.

Her sudden anger caused Xiao Yongzi's body to tremble, and then he retorted:

"This servant didn't murder anyone! I'm being wrongly accused."

"Prince Regent, what would be the punishment for the crime of murdering Fan Xiao Wen, the eldest son of the Fan Family of the Imperial Academy?
How should the murderer be sentenced?"

Murong Ci turned to look at Murong Yu.

"According to the law, the culprit would be cut in half from his head.
Since the servant committed a crime by murdering Fan Xiao Wen with vicious and cruel methods, he should have the death penalty."

Murong Yu's voice was as domineering and fatal as that of the decree of a strict judge, who had said his final verdict.

"What if the murderer refuses to plead guilty?"

"In that case, the murderer's penalty would be extended to all his relatives and family members, punishing all the tribe members in the past three generations, with no exceptions."

Shen Zhiyan suddenly realized that what they were doing together was to force the murderer to confess.

Sure enough, Xiao Yongzi said horrified,

"All...the past three generations",
his entire body trembled, his eyes trembled horrified, his complexion darkened like the twilight and deadly ashes.

When the other four heard this, they all bowed their heads deeply to the ground, worried about being suspected.

Murong Ci said rigorously:

"Shen Zhiyan, the murder case of Fan Xiao Wen has been solved, and the murderer Xiao Yongzi will be put to death penalty, with all his--..."