Chapter 38 Part 2 - "Jin Sheng"

....

The assassination of the Crown Prince in the Palace had spread throughout the Palace, and Jin Sheng, the other servant in charge of cleaning of the Fengtian Temple, had also heard about it.

Now that the Crown Prince had summoned him, he knew perfectly well he would have been questioned about his colleague, Xiao Yin.
Maybe his head was about to fall...
So he was so frightened and frightened that he started cursing the 'little bastard' Xiao Yin for getting him involved in his shameful act.

Jin Sheng knelt with a "plop", burst into tears, and shouted miserably:

"Your Royal Highness, this servant really doesn't know anything.
That little bastard Xiao Yin dared to assassinate Your Highness, and thus he should be cursed wherever he's now, but this servant really doesn't know anything......"

He was prostrated on the ground, snotting and crying, as if he had been wronged by God.

*BANG!*

Shen Zhiyan slapped on the table abruptly, and Jin Sheng's body trembled, so scared that he dared not speak out again.

Murong Ci coldly asked,

"Did Xiao Yin live with you?"

Jin Sheng answered "yes", and Shen Zhiyan asked again:

"You and Xiao Yin were together every day.
How could you not know what he'd do?"

Jin Sheng knelt on the ground with his arms on the Palace bricks, trembling all over, and stammered:

"Although this servant was with Xiao Yin every day...but he was the same as usual.
I asked him to do his usual job...
There was nothing wrong with him...
I really doesn't know why he tried to assassinate Your Royal Highness...
If this servant had seen any sign, I would have definitely thrown him to the bottom of the Palace..."

"If you think about it, was there anything unusual about Xiao Yin these days?"
Murong Ci was troubled by his motionless yelling voice.

"You'd better think carefully before answering, otherwise Your Highness will never be merciful with you."
Shen Zhiyan picked up the tea cup and smiled coldly.

From the perspective of Jin Sheng, his sneer was a bloodthirsty and cold wicked smile.
Jin Sheng seemed to image himself dying under the torture, so he lowered his head to think about it.

Suddenly, he raised his head in surprise, bumped into Shen Zhiyan's "gentle" gaze, and immediately lowered his head,

"This servant lived in the same room with Xiao Yin.
One night, I got up at night to use the hut, and when I came back, I saw Xiao Yin coming back from outside.
At that time, I just thought he also went to the hut, so I didn't think much about it. Thinking about it now, the direction he came back from was not the direction of the hut."

It seemed that Xiao Yin was really weird and suspicious, so Murong Ci asked again,

"When did that happen?"

"Just three or four days before the facts of the Blood Jade from Heaven in Fengtian Hall."
Jin Sheng replied.

"If you think about it, what was unusual about him when he came back from outside?"
she asked again.

"Let me think about it..."
He lowered his eyes with a guilty conscience.

"Because it was in the middle of night, this servant was half-asleep, confused and couldn't see him very clearly...

By the way, I remembered, he laid down and went to sleep, and afterwards I heard a slight sob.
The sound, yes, it should have been a cry.
The next day, I remember seeing Xiao Yin's eyes swollen like walnuts, and at that time I thought it was just because of the wind outside."

Shen Zhiyan and Murong Ci looked at each other, and then asked:

"Do you know when Xiao Yin entered the Palace?
Which Palace Hall did he work at first?
Where was his hometown?
And who else was with him at that time?"

Jin Sheng was embarrassed and frightened.

"This servant only knew that Xiao Yin was assigned to the Fengtian Hall for committing crimes three years ago.
As for his hometown and relatives, I really don't know."

Murong Ci asked Qin Ruo to take him out.
It was not difficult to dig out Xiao Yin's background.
The Palace Internal Service Bureau should have a record of him.

Immediately, Qin Ruo went to the Palace Internal Service Bureau to retrieve the files.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 38 PART 2
.....................to be continued