Chapter 55 Part 2 - "The Cooked Rice"

....

Murong Chang bit her lower lip.
Her delicate teeth flickered like a sword clanging light.
Murong Ci stood up and slowly persuaded:

"Princess Sister, the Emperor Father does this because he loves you, and hopes to find you the most outstanding and excellent Consort.
Maybe he didn't give you a marriage with the Royal King because he's a little older than you and doesn't match you well..."

Murong Chang immediately retorted:

"What's the matter with a little older?
A few years of difference doesn't matter in a whole life marriage!
It must be Concubine Xiao that's blowing into the ears of the Emperor Father, influencing him so that he won't make this Sister marry the Royal King!
It must be her!"

"Princess Sister, what are you going to do about the Literary Test in two days?"

"Yes, what should I do?"
Murong Chang murmured.

'The Recruitment is imminent.
How can he change his mind in just two days?
Is it even possible to convince the Royal King to sign up in the Recruitment?'

Murong Ci lowered her voice and said,

"Princess Sister, as the saying goes,

※'The cooked rice can never go back to being raw again.
What's done can't be undone.' ..."

Murong Chang's beautiful eyes lit up, burning like flames,

"Yes, why didn't I think about it earlier?"
She frowned, and said in distress,

"But, if he...doesn't want to, what should I do?"

Murong Ci whispered a few words in her ear, and after hearing them, Murong Chang said with joy:

"Thank you, Prince Brother!
If my wish is fulfilled, I must thank the Prince Brother again later."

Murong Ci smiled softly,

"We are brother and sister after all, so why being to polite?"

※※(N.B.) I believe Murong Ci is suggesting that, if Murong Chang gets 'intimate' with the Regent once (possibly with the help of an aphrodisiac drug?), as the Princess, there will be no turning back, and she wouldn't be able to marry other men but him.
Likewise, the Regent won't be able to refuse her and will be forced to take responsibility for it, by marrying her.
※※