Chapter 33 Part 1 - "Admiration and Respect"

....

Concubine Qiao knew her daughter's thoughts, but this marriage might not be what she wanted, so Concubine Qiao was worried about the next Palace Banquet...

When Murong Ci saw the gaze of the Princess Sister opposite to her, there was only the man beside her in her eyes.
Her longing and eager gaze flickered, and she couldn't help feeling very good, with a chuckle at the corner of her lips.

"What are you laughing at?"
A deep and mellow voice rang beside her.

Without looking back, she knew that Murong Yu was asking her.
She lowered her voice and said:

"I'm enjoying today's beautiful scenery.
The Emperor Father's daughter, Princess Zhaohua's so young and beautiful.
The Prince Regent's name alone moves lots of people's heart in the whole Capital.
I'm sure the Prince Regent will gladly accept the overwhelming admiration of the charming and elegant Princess."

Murong Yu put aside the golden cup of wine, smiled slightly and did not answer.

Murong Chang saw his cold and magnificent snow face on the opposite side, which seemed to be smiling charmingly.
His face was amazing, and she became more and more obsessed.
She picked up the white jade cup, smiled dignified and tenderly, raising a soft voice and said:

"The Imperial King manages the Court affairs in behalf of the Emperor Father, and works hard every day.
This Princess admires and respects the Prince Regent."

This smile was like the spring breeze that blew everything and the first glow of the snow on the top of the bright icy stream.

He raised the golden cup and toasted,

"Thank you, Princess."

They both drank wine up, but the meaningful talk remained.
She stared at him, smiling like a flower, not afraid of the eyes and comments of others.

Concubine Xiao was so angry that she clenched her five fingers, with her bright red fingernails.

'Again, this little hoof is as cheap as her mother, and she tries to seduce the man in full view.'

In an instant, she raised the white jade cup and said with a smile:

"This Consort also respects the Royal King. The Court Affairs are an important responsibility for the Royal Family and the Country, and the society is stable thanks to the Prince Regent.
The Prince Regent worries for Your Majesty, and this Consort respects the Prince Regent."

Murong Yu raised the golden cup to toast and drank it calmly.
Murong Ci sneered with her lips in ridicule...
The thoughts of these women were really funny.
The subtle but tense atmosphere was surging.

Suddenly, she saw a person standing in front of the her Banquet Table.
It was Princess Duanrou, Murong Shi.
Murong Shi was holding a white jade cup.
She smiled lightly and brightly, and said,

"Your Royal Highness, I respect you."

How could Murong Ci not understand her thoughts?
But it was not easy to refuse, and she had to toast a drink with her.
However, the handsome face of someone next to her went dark...

....

Emperor Murong Cheng was in a state of inefficiency and looked tired.
Concubine Xiao accompanied him back to the sleeping hall to rest.
Before leaving, Murong Cheng said to everyone:

"Eat and drink as much as you like, without formalities."

The dancing sleeves whirled, and the sound of music of the silky cords and bamboo instruments spread in the Banquet Hall.

Murong Ci winked at Shen Zhiyan, then left the Chief Seat and withdrew from the Banquet Hall.

Murong Yu saw that Shen Zhiyan followed and withdrew.
His chest was stuffy, and suddenly felt that the light of the Banquet Hall was extremely dazzling, and the wine was tasteless.

In the corridor of the Wenhua Hall, the West Palace lanterns swayed in the night breeze, and the colorful light and shadow flickered.

"Have you found new clues in the past few days?"
Murong Ci was bathed in the red light and shadow, and her face was radiant, soft and moving.

Shen Zhiyan stared blankly for a while, as if seeing a charming woman's face...
He didn't return to his mind until she yelled twice.

"I'm afraid there are no new clues..."
He was slightly embarrassed, and quickly regained his mind.

"Fortunately, nothing happened in the past few days."
Her long eyelashes blinked gently.

"His Royal Highness, the recent suspicious cases and homicides are the most elusive cases I have ever encountered since my first autopsy and verdict."
Shen Zhiyan's face was heavy.

"With so few clues, it is difficult to solve a case.
Furthermore, the motivation of the person behind the scenes is unknown, and we have no way to find out."

"I believe that the people behind the scenes will not stop.
However the more they commit crimes, the more they will be exposed for clues.
It will be easier for us to inspect and detect."

Murong Ci nodded.
She only hoped that these things didn't involve the Emperor Father...

The two chatted a few more words, and then Shen Zhiyan proposed to return to the Banquet Hall.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 33 PART 1
.....................to be continued