Chapter 13 Part 3 - "The Crimes"

...

The candlelight in the sleeping hall was faint, and Qin Ruo was standing by the bed, watching His Highness' face tightening more and more.
The anger in His Highness' eyes grew stronger.

'It seems that Rong Lan has found a lot of things.'

"These are all information about the Four Great Families?"
Qin Ruo asked in a low voice.

"Yeah."
Murong Ci flicked the paper and her eyes narrowed,

"They dared to commit crimes in the court, at the feet of the Emperor, right under his nose.
The Four Great Families must have guts to do such things so shamelessly."

Qin Ruo took the paper and glanced hurriedly to understand the situation, and was shocked.

"The Gong Family of the Prime Minister's Mansion, the Yang Family of Court Captain Taiwei's Mansion, the Tang Family of Duke Qingguo's Mansion, and the Rong Family of the Duke Rongguo's Mansion...
Each of them committed more than one or two crimes.
Although this isn't enough proof to punish all of the Nine Clans supposedly involved, it may be possible to condemn the Four Great Families."

Murong Ci was so angry that she didn't want to speak.
Qin Ruo hesitated for a long while in thought, and said:

"With the Regent's ability, it is impossible for him not to be informed of these matters."

"How could Murong Yu not know? "
Murong Ci greeted her teeth.

"Five years ago, he took charge of the government not long after he returned to the court.
How could the Four Great Families let him dominate them? "
She sneered.

"All the Four Great Families are cunning old foxes...How could they hand over the power of the court and government to him so easily?
My guess is that Murong Yu caught the handle of the Four Great Families and held the evidence of committing crimes against them.
The old men of the Four Great Families did not dare to act rashly and let him control the government."
Murong Ci analyzed while thinking.

"Your Highness' analysis is reasonable and everything makes sense."
Qin Ruo nodded her head with approval, and asked in confusion,

"But, it has been five years, why did the Regent still let them behave?
After all, what the Four Great Families are doing isn't something little and it will endanger the court."

Murong Ci replied confidently:
"First, the Four Great Families have deep roots, intertwined forces, and high prestige in the court.
If they are all connected in one line, Murong Yu will not be able to uproot them with complete confidence."

"Second, many people are involved in this matter. The slightest movement might endanger his position.
Perhaps Murong Yu didn't want to move them at all...?
As long as he sits firmly in the position of the Regent, there is no threat to him, why should he move them?"

"Nevertheless, how can anyone snore and sleep soundly when on the side of his sleeping couch there's such a dangerous situation?",
Qin Ruo said dumbfounded.

"If the Four Great Families secretly deploy to get rid of the Regent, he will be left alone..."

"Maybe the Four Great Families have already taken action, but the Regent with his power and trust in the Royal Army still stands on top of the court and looks down upon the heroes, as the Royal King."
Murong Ci evoked a sneer, and a terrifying cold light gathered in her bright eyes:

'Murong Yu, no matter what you try, this Prince will definitely cut off your head and sacrifice it to our country flag!'

....

The next day.

Murong Yu's wound medicine really worked well, and after Murong Ci got up, her cheeks were back to normal.
After lunch, she was about to go to the study, but she heard Ruyi say that Princess Duanrou was outside begging to see her.

'What is Princess Duanrou doing here?'

Not long after, Murong Shi entered the hall. She was well-dressed, wearing a gorgeous pink palace dress, and was a coquettish little beauty.
However, her face hung down and shyly replied, unlike last night.

"Greetings, Your Royal Highness the Crown Prince."
She bowed down, full of charm, with a little moving affection.

Murong Ci stared at her playfully.
You could see how she had been well trained by her grandmother in the Palace.
She was serious and well-mannered.

"You may arise now."

"Your Royal Highness."
Murong Shi stood up, slowly raised her eyes and looked directly at the Prince.

'The Prince is so handsome!'
The Prince was even more handsome than she had imagined, like an indispensable thing like a Prince Charming, the perfect husband in her mind.

"Go back to the Palace if there's nothing else."
Murongci was too lazy to entertain her.

"Your Royal Highness...I..."
Murong Shi took a deep breath and summoned the courage to say firmly,

"Your Royal Highness, I...I-I wish to be your Princess!!"

Murong Ci almost choked!
Seeing her firm look, she understood that the Princess was not joking.
Murong Ci suddenly walked towards her, step by step.

Murong Shi retreated step by step until she had no more space behind her in the main hall.
Her heart was like that of a small deer; a little shy, a little scared, and a little excited.

"You want to be the Princess of this Prince?"
Murong Ci pressed his left arm on the wall, locked her in a small space and raised her eyebrows viciously,

"I'm afraid your Third Uncle will get angry when he knows about this."

"The Third Uncle can't control me!
I can decide on my own and he can't interfere with my marriage."
Murong Shi's eyes were bright and became firmer.

"What is your ability to make me change my mind and agree to it?"
Murong Ci raised her chin.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 13 PART 3
.....................to be continued