Chapter 38 Part 1 - "The Third Silver-Gray Hair"

....

"Is he crazy?"
Ruyi and Qin Ruo looked at each other, then looked at His Royal Highness.
In the dimness, Xiao Yin's delicate eyebrows slowly converged, staring at a certain place, with his eyes calm and void, and a mysterious smile on the corners of his lips.

Murong asked unhurriedly,

"How did you arrange the Blood Jade from Heaven in the Fengtian Hall?
Where did the Blood Jade come from?
Where did so much human blood come from?"

"Do you want to know?"
His eyebrows were stunned, as the triumphant and self-confidence of a strategist,

"On that day, Jing Sheng and I were in charge of cleaning the Fengtian Temple as usual.
I took advantage of his carelessness and ran out quickly, poured the Blood Jade into the blood, and then Run back again.
The priest thought that I had been wiping the floor in another temple room and never went out."

"Indeed, it doesn't take much time to set up that round.
Where did the Blood Jade and human blood come from?
Where did you hide the them before?"

she asked.

"Your Royal Highness is so smart, so how can you not figure it out?"
Xiao Yin seemed reluctant to answer, looked at a place and smiled softly, as if he had done something without any regrets.

At this time, someone knocked on the door outside, followed by Shen Zhiyan's clear voice:

"Your Highness, it's me."

Qin Ruo went to open the door, and he walked in, panting, showing that he had rushed all the way here.
He glanced at Xiao Yin and was slightly surprised,

"Isn't he just the little servant of Fengtian Temple?
Why did he try to assassinate Your Highness?"

Murong Ci repeated Xiao Yin's confession, and Shen Zhiyan pondered.
His elegant appearance was as bright as Jade in the dim shadow,

"He seems unwilling to say where the Blood Jade and human blood came from."

She nodded,

"This Prince feels so too..."

"Your Royal Highness, he committed suicide!"
Qin Ruo screamed as she rushed to break Xiao Yin's mouth open, but it was too late.

The dark red poisonous blood flowed out from the corner of Xiao Yin's mouth, and part of it flowed into the throat and into the internal organs.

Shen Zhiyan immediately stepped forward to check, and regretfully said:

"He has prepared hidden poison in his teeth."

"This Prince felt that he came to assassinate me prepared to die in his heart from the very beginning."
Murong Ci's Jade-like eyes were shining brightly,

"First of all, he had no martial arts, and only relied on brute force to assassinate this Prince;

Second of all, he should have inquired about the whereabouts of the Palace in advance, and stood there waiting for the best opportunity and for me to come across;

Third, he had been an errand in the Palace for many years, and he should have known better that assassinating this Prince in that place could easily get him captured by the guards on the spot, and he also must have known that assassinating the Crown Prince was very difficult."

"In this way, he indeed tried to assassinate Your Royal Highness willing to death in his heart."
He was puzzled.

"But, why did he try to assassinate Your Royal Highness?"

With that said, he inspected Xiao Yin's body, carefully examining it from the head.

Murong Ci watched from the side.

Her gaze fell on Xiao Yin, and she swept it inch by inch.
Suddenly, her eyes condensed, she reached into his sleeve and took out a piece of hair.

Qin Ruo was puzzled:

"This hair is half silvery gray.
Xiao Yin was so young and his hair was jet black.
How can he have silvery gray hair in his sleeves?"

"This silver-gray hair is very similar to the silver-gray hair found on the corpse and bed of Concubine Bai and Concubine Mo."
Murong Ci held this hair up high, and checked it thoughtfully.

"It looks very similar."

Shen Zhiyan continued to examine Xiao Yin's body, but nothing else was found,

"Xiao Yin is a mystery, maybe we should ask about him to his colleague Jin Sheng from the Fengtian Temple."

They returned to the East Palace, and not long after Jin Sheng was brought over by the guards.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 38 PART 1
.....................to be continued