Chapter 60 Part 2 - "The Ungrateful Wolf"

....

After receiving the pardon, the young talents were finally able to leave the Palace and return to their respective mansions, all in a swarm.

At this time, in the main Hall of the Wuying Palace, the short desks were withdrawn, leaving only the desk that Fan Xiao Wen had used, standing there alone, as if telling the deceased's wrongs.

Murong Ci and Murong Yu were still there waiting in the side Hall.
Shen Zhiyan was standing on Murong Ci's side, and a group of people from the Ministry of Etiquettes and Rituals were waiting on Murong Yu's side.
In such a comparison, the number of people was very different, and the momentum was also different.

Murong Ci and Shen Zhiyan looked at each other, while Murong Yu looked in her eyes, and suddenly felt bored.

All three of them knew that Concubine Rong could completely shirk the blame, and it was very difficult for her to confess her guilt.

"Concubine Rong is here!"
The insider's announcement came from outside.

The voice fell to the ground, and a woman in her thirties walked in neatly and smoothly, not like an ordinary beauty.

Although her appearance was dignified and beautiful, she wasn't really the most beautiful among the beauties in the Harem.
However, she was born in the Rong Clan, one of the Four Great Families, and it was only natural for her to be a member of the Concubines in the Harem.

The Emperor favored the daughters of the Four Great Families, in order to control and maintain a balance in the powers of the various families and multiple factions.
For the Four Great Families, having a daughter in the Harem was a guarantee and a consolidation of their court status.

Concubine Rong had been in the Palace slightly less than Concubine Qiao, but she was considered an old woman already.
Because her appearance was only average, she was not very favored at the beginning.

Ever since Concubine Xiao became the favorite of the Emperor, he didn't see Concubine Rong for half a year.
For so many years that she's been in the Harem, she only gave birth to Princess Jinyang.

She was a Concubine with lack of favor and thus her status wasn't any better of a "Straw-Bag Prince", let alone a powerful Royal King.

However, she didn't salute them, and just gave them a light ceremonial bow.

Murong Ci asked her to sit down and said with a clear smile,

"Concubine Rong, my apologies for making you come to the Wuying Hall all of a sudden."

Concubine Rong took a seat and said with a smile: