Chapter 30 Part 1 - "Expectations"

....

When she saw Murong Shi entering the hall, Murong Ci's appetite was gone.
It was a pity that the table was full of exquisite and delicious meals...

Murong Shi stood there lively and when she
saw the dazzling array of delicacies she couldn't help her beautiful eyes from shining, swallowing saliva.

She had just left the Palace happily and hadn't eaten lunch yet.
At this moment, she smelled the aroma of food, and her stomach groaned.

"Has the Princess not had a meal yet?
Let's have a meal together."

Murong Ci's eyebrows smiled brightly.

"Thank you, Your Highness."
Murong Shi sat down unceremoniously.
She took a bit of the soup in the glass cup, and then took the silver spoon, and ate it with relish.

Qin Ruo and Ruyi looked at each other...

'His Royal Highness invited Princess Duanrou to eat together!?
Has the sun come out from the west this morning?!'

Looking at His Highness' meaningful smile, they thought to themselves,

'His Highness wouldn't want to punish Princess Duanrou again.......would she?'

That day Murong Shi was wearing a peach red woven gold summer shirt with a pleated skirt embroidered with hibiscus flowers in the same color.
The whole dress was soft and delicate.
The black and water-smooth hairpin inserted in her hair had the shape of butterfly, shining brightly.
She was exquisite like a five senses jade, with red lips and white teeth, bright and charming.

"The Princess is looking for this Prince for something in particular?"
Murong Ci smiled lightly.

"Your Royal Highness, I have memorized the 'Three Great Classics', and I can recite them upside down."
Murong Shi thought of the purpose of coming today and smiled.

"Oh? It's not that much to memorize the 'Three Great Classics' backwards.
I think that the princess should work harder."

"I learn my studies from my teacher every day, Your Highness, I'm not being lazy!"
Murong Shi said solemnly,

"I will recite it to Your Highness later."

"There is one thing this Prince needs to do today, very important.
Only the princess can help this Prince."

Murong Ci smiled and looked at her,

"I wonder if the Princess is willing to help this Prince?"

His Highness took the initiative to ask, and only she can help His Highness, so how could Murong Shi be unwilling?
She agreed excitedly!

After the meal, Murong Ci asked her to sit down and Ruyi took the rouge gouache.

Murong Shi saw the rouge gouache, and couldn't help being surprised,

"What does Your Highness want me to do?
Do you want to put make-up on me?"

Murong Ci raised her eyebrows mysteriously,

"The Princess will know later."

Ruyi applied makeup to Murong Shi according to His Highness's order.

The original make-up of Murong Shi was just right, with a peach cheek powder face and a delicate and clear skin.

After a while, she was done.
Murong Shi was curious,

"Your Royal Highness, I want to see what I look like."

Murong Ci signaled to Ruyi.
Ruyi took the make-up mirror, and let Murong Shi take a look.

In the make-up mirror, a small face with thick ink and color was reflected, with eyes like autumn waves, lips like pill, face like a thick peach, and the colors were so romantic, which would instantly amaze the eyes of men in the entire world.

The flowers were in full bloom and beautiful, but they were not as beautiful as her.

Murong Shi was surprised and happy, bewildered and astonished,

"Your Royal Highness, I have never put on such a heavy make-up."

"The Princess is the number one beauty in the Empire in this way."
Qin Ruo said and smiled, but in her heart, His Royal Highness was a much more beautiful woman than Princess Duanrou, and she looked like a Chinese goddess.

"That's right! Compared with all the ladies of the aristocracy the Princess is more beautiful."
Ruyi agreed.

"Is this what Your Royal Highness wants me to do?"
Murong Shi suddenly remembered what His Royal Highness had just said, and bowed her head shyly.
It turned out that His Royal Highness wanted to see how she looked with heavy make-up.

'So, doesn't this mean that His Royal Highness likes me and wants to marry me as her Princess?'

She quietly squinted her eyes to His Highness, and saw that His Highness was smiling and looking at her.
When their eyes collided, she looked away embarrassedly, as if she had done a bad thing and was caught on the spot, and her heart was like a small deer.

Murong Ci got up and walked outside, Ruyi assisted Murong Shi and said:

"Princess, follow His Highness outside."

Murong Shi was delighted in her heart, feeling as sweet as the sweet delicacies that she had just eaten.

His Royal Highness had asked Ruyi to dress her up.
At this moment, she would definitely take her around the Palace or go to the Imperial Garden to enjoy the flowers.
Thinking of being able to walk side by side with His Royal Highness, inseparable from each other, she exulted.

Qin Ruo shook her head and laughed secretly when she saw her shy face.

'Oh, Naive Little Princess, you won't be able to laugh later.'

Although Qin Ruo didn't know what His Highness was going to do, it was definitely not a good thing.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 30 PART 1
.....................to be continued