Chapter 33 Part 2 - "The Line that Separates Life and Death"

....

There was still one foot away from the Banquet Hall, and she saw someone walking out of the Wenhua Hall, leaving in a stride.

'That back... looks like him!'

Seeing her stop, Shen Zhiyan asked:

"His Royal Highness, what's the matter?"

"You return to the Banquet Hall, I have something to do first."
Murong Ci dropped a sentence and left in a hurry.

He was surprised, but didn't think much about it, and entered the Banquet Hall.
She walked fast, and finally caught up with the person, quietly following from behind, minimizing her presence.
The person in front, wearing a black gold-embroidered python robe, seemed to be heading towards Qingyuan Hall.

'What did Murong Yu go to Qingyuan Hall for?'

There was a flash of lightning in her mind, and then she suddenly had a terrible thought:

'Jade(Yù) Steals the Country!'

Taking this opportunity to kill the Emperor Father, then controlling the Palace with the force of the Imperial Army, threatening all courtiers with their lives, and changing the Dynasty with ease...

'Concubine Xiao is colluded with him, so no wonder she would propose a Banquet!
This was a combination of inside and outside work!
I can't let him kill the Emperor Father!'

Murong Ci's heart was dignified, and a trace of fear wandered across the limbs, forcing her to speed up.

....

The Qingyuan Hall was brightly lit, but quiet as death, as if it was the last moment before the storm.

Murong Yu stepped into the Qingyuan Hall, waved back all the guards and Palace personnel, walked into the main Hall, and went straight to the Sleeping Hall.

She hurried to catch up and tiptoed into the Hall, holding her breath.

Concubine Xiao had already returned to Wenhua Hall, and there was no sound in the Sleeping Hall.
Thinking that the Emperor may have already been controlled or was on the verge of life and death, she rushed into the Sleeping Hall.

'Father--!'

In the Sleeping Hall there was only a Palace lantern painted with peony in the corner of the bedroom, dim and dark.

At that time, the dragon bed was covered by yellow curtains and azure gauze, and a black shadow stood tall in the gauze tent, like a dark cloud weighing down, and like a mountain heavily suppressed.

Murong Ci's heart was up her throat, her limbs trembled, and the chill rose from the soles of her feet.

'Emperor Father--!'

She happened to see Murong Yu withdrawing his hand from her father ....

"What did you do to the Father?"
She asked hoarsely, her voice trembling.
She didn't dare to come forward to look closer, worrying that she saw that the father had already...

Panic invaded her mind.

Murong Yu picked up the azure veil and came out, but still stood by the dragon couch,

"Didn't Your Highness come to see His Majesty?"
The voice was cold, like clear water and early morning breeze.

She walked closer step by step, her legs filled with heavy lead, the fear of losing a loved one grabbed her heart and made her breathless.
Four steps away from the dragon couch, she stopped and saw the Father lying there, with a peaceful face, as if only asleep.

"D-Did you... kill the Father?"
Murong Ci's voice was dull and slow, and every word was squeezed out of her teeth, with bitter hatred and icy cold.

Murong Yu said lightly,

"So what?"

In the dim light and shadow, her bright eyes burst into a murderous look.
A silver light flashed by suddenly, and a swift sound rumbled in the air inadvertently.

Before blinking, she raised her arm and pierced his chest, using the most awkward and simplest move, the delicate and thin dagger she hid in her vast robe.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 33 PART 2
..................... to be continued