Chapter 4 Part 1 - "The Genius Doctor Xue"

....

Taoist Tianfeng knew that he was bound to die but couldn't stand her ruthlessness and betrayal, so he decided to simply pull back,

"Noble Concubine, you wanted this servant to enter the palace...
You said we would enjoy the glory and wealth together..."

"What nonsense are you talking about?
Before you entered the palace, this consort didn't even know you at all!"
Concubine Xiao scolded angrily, her beautiful eyes widened.

Murong Yu waved his palm suddenly.
The silver sword on the waist of a guard suddenly unsheathed and flew in the sky towards him.
The silver sword created a blood stain on Tianfeng Dao's long neck.
His eyes went round with horror.
He touched his neck and fell to his death.

Murong Ci sneered,

'Murong Yu couldn't wait to kill him...sure enough it was to cover up Concubine Xiao's crimes...'

When she finds evidence of their adultery, she will definitely clean them up!

...

Doctor Xue rescued Emperor Murong Cheng with his medicines.
The emperor was very weak.
Doctor Xue came to the main hall and said to the regent and the prince:

"His Majesty's internal organs are severely damaged, the heart and lungs are weak.
I will stay here for three more days to treat His Majesty's body.
If His Majesty's condition improves after three days, you can consider him out of danger."

Murong Ci rejoiced in her heart,

"Thank you, dear genius Doctor Xue!"

Murong Yu's attitude was very respectful and polite,

"The genius doctor, this king has arranged a place for you to stay in.
You will stay in the side hall for the next few days, and the palace staff will take you there later."

"I have made a prescription of medicines for His Majesty, so I will need someone from the Palace to assist me in fetching the ingredients of the medicines and to prepare it."

Doctor Xue's voice is old and slow.
He is seventy years old, and his beard and hair are gray, but he is very energetic and strong regardless his old age.

Murong Ci hurriedly said:

"Who would dare bothering the genius Doctor Xue with such a small matter as decoction of medicine?
The doctor of the imperial hospital will make sure to deliver the medicines after decoction."

He waved his hand,

"This old man never pretends to treat the sick.
It is my own policy to to fetch the medicine and decoction by myself.
This is foolproof."

"Then we will let you do as you please."
She was very satisfied...
It meant that it would be impossible even if someone wanted to play some tricks on her father.

"You two accompany the genius doctor to the hospital."
Murong Yu told the two servants of the Qingyuan Palace,

"No matter what the genius doctor does, no one can stop or interfere with his actions.
The words of the genius doctor are the orders of this king, understood?"

The two servants took orders to accompany Doctor Xue to the Taiyuan Hospital, but the six imperial doctors there were inferior in their medical skills and retreated, leaving the management entirely to his lead.

Murong Ci went into the bedroom hall to see his father.
Concubine Xiao and Murong Yu also followed after.

.....

------------
END of CHAPTER 4 PART 1
.....................to be continued