Chapter 32 Part 1 - "Butterfly's Wings"

....

Sitting at the same table with Murong Yu, Murong Ci was uneasy and uncomfortable from the beginning.

'What exactly did Liu An do?
What was he thinking when he arranged her and Murong Yu's seat together?!'

She always felt that Murong Yu's smiling face was unsmiling, and she wanted to crush that hateful face into a piece of meatloaf.

'Could this be what he meant before?
Definitely is!'

She admired the dance performed by the beautiful dancers boringly, and lost her appetite in the face of so many delicacies.

One was an upright body, full of vigor, with a majestic posture that dominated all beings, revealing the domineering dominance of a general.

One was bent, her chin was in her hand, and her elbow was resting on the table.
Not only was she thin and slender, but also rude and without the image of a Prince.

In such a comparison, when asking

'Who was better and who was inferior?' or
'Who could take on the important responsibility of the Royal Family and the Country?',

anybody would know the answer at a glance.

'If the Country of Yan was handed over to such a straw Prince, sooner or later the Country of Yan would be in chaos.'

This was the voice of many people.
Those noble court ladies became more and more sneered at the Crown Prince, more and more disgusted, and admired and yearned for the Royal King more.
Eager and admired eyes fell on him, sticking to him like brown candy.

Those ladies had been speculating...

'Why hadn't the Regent married an Imperial Concubine after returning back for five years?
Why hadn't Your Majesty granted him a marriage yet?'

In fact, five years ago, not long after Murong Yu returned to the Yan Country, Emperor Murong Cheng was about to give him a marriage, but he declined.

After that, Murong Cheng was intoxicated with beauties and toxic elixirs, and was unable to extricate himself from it.
He ignored the government and forgot about it.

Looking at so many admiring eyes, Murong Ci moved her mind,

'Murong Yu's strange behaviors...
Those ambiguous behaviors that shouldn't be done to her as a male "Prince"...
Were they because he's not got himself a gentle and lovable Concubine yet?
Also, wasn't he always thinking of the woman who he lingered with at that cursed night?'

This was enough proof for her....

'As long as Murong Yu married an Imperial Concubine, and had a tender woman by his side, to whom he could dedicate his energy and desires, he would not always be light-hearted towards her, like he's been these past few days....'

'Princess Zhaohua seemed to have fallen in love with Murong Yu....
So wouldn't this kill two birds with one stone?'

Thinking of this, Murong Ci's lips curled up slightly.

"What is Your Highness thinking?
Is there anything fun going on?
I'd love hearing it!"

The dark and muffled voice, like the voice of the devil in the dark night, was close at hand, making it creepy.

Her heart trembled...
She straightened up suddenly and turned her head to face the owner of the devilish voice.
However, thrilling enough, what made her whole body stiff and cold was--!

"ーー!!!"

When asking those questions, Murong Yu had leaned in and had leaned close to her, which meant he was only a short distance away from her.

She made such a sudden movement just right, and his lips met her thin lips.

She clearly froze all over, and her soft lips came and stayed on his lips, as if a butterfly's wings were living on the flower leaves, like the morning dew on the green leaves.

The fragrance was faint, soft to the touch, and so tender that made his blood rush to his head, and a scorching heat grew in his chest.

'So fragrant, yet so short.'

As if just passing by, the geese passed without a trace.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 32 PART 1
.....................to be continued