Chapter 7 Part 3 - "Choosing a Princess"

....

"Your Royal Highness is eighteen years old, and he shoulders the heavy responsibility of extending heirs.
However, there are only two good ladies in the East Palace, and there has been nothing for two years."
He stood up, waved to the three guests to retreat, and continued,

"This King orders a banquet of flowers to be prepared. It will be held in the palace within a few days, and famous ladies will be invited into the palace.
Your Royal Highness can choose a woman to be His Crown Princess or Consort Concubine."

"The marriage of this Prince does not require the Prince Regent to bother.
The Emperor Father has not yet healed.
As the Crown Prince, this Prince should serve him.
At such a time, choosing the Princess would be really unfilial."
She bluntly refused with her eyes as clear as the sky,

"Furthermore , this Prince is not old enough, and the wedding is too early."

'Damn Murong Yu, he finally dropped the mask and showed his true colors!
He wants to choose the Princess and Concubine for me to have some of his subordinates to go to the East Palace, so that every move of the East Palace could not escape his eyes.
With your hands stretched out so long, be careful not to get them chopped off!'

Murong Yu said:

"His Majesty is not young anymore.
It is time for Your Highness to do his duty for the Great Yan Kingdom and extend his heirs.
Furthermore, His Majesty lays in a quiet and retreated place.
Your Highness' wedding can celebrate His Majesty's prosperity.
Isn't this for the best?"

"Speaking of age, the Regent is already thirty years old.
So far there is not even a decent concubine in his Palace.
Maybe it's The Regent who should choose the Imperial Concubine the most."

"Actually, this King is already considering his life-long events.
However, Your Royal Highness is the Crown Prince of a country, so naturally, Your Royal Highness should be given the priority."

"The Regent needn't say anymore!
This Prince will never choose the Crown Princess when His Emperor Father's body is insecure."

Seeing His Highness' resolute expression, Murong Yu stopped talking, showing a fox-like chuckle.

After leaving the Imperial Palace, Murong Ci got on the carriage angrily.
Seeing that His Highness was so angry, Qin Ruo guessed that His Highness must have been angry with the Regent, so he cautiously asked:

"Your Royal Highness, those Three Young Masters were really taken away by the Regent?"

Murongci shook his head,

"Tomorrow you tell our people to put the Three Young Masters in a proper place, but not at the World's Greatest Manor."

"This servant understands."
Qin Ruo thought silently,
'Isn't His Highness angry because of this?'

"This Prince is worried that Murong Yu will try to put his minions as spies in the East Palace.
When you turn around, you clean up the East Palace.
Anything suspicious should be expelled!"
Murong Ci leaned on the soft pillow and rubbed his eyebrows.

Qin Ruo responded,
"Yes."

Murong Ci felt his brain hurt.

'Murong Yu, I won't let you manipulate me, nor my people! There will be no open doors or windows for you in this Palace!'

....

Two days passed.

At dusk, Murong Yu had just returned to the Palace, and his servants came forward to report:

"My Lord, Lord Rong of the World's Greatest Manor said that the owner has not returned."

Murong Yu walked into the study with a calm face.
At night, a man in black came in and replied:

"My Lord, about the owner of the World's Greatest Manor, I've gathered some information."

"Say."

"The owner of the Manor is called Xiang Wuchen, known as 'Young Master Xiang' because he's not on his twenties yet.
It's said that he usually wears white clothes. He has not been in the Manor all the year round.
Other than a few people in the Manor, no one has ever seen him in person.
Young Master Rong is one of the few people who knows him in person and he's also the one who is in charge of the Manor."

"Can't find the origin of Xiang Wuchen?"
Murong Yu's eyebrows darkened slightly.

"Nothing could be found."
The man in black said without a shadow.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 7 PART 3
.....................to be continued