Chapter 41 Part 1 - "He Did it on Purpose!"

....

Murong Ci was injured and needed to rest more.
Shen Zhiyan knew that it was time to leave the Palace and bade farewell to His Royal Highness and the Prince Regent, and made an appointment with them to visit Xiao Yin's residence the next morning.

After Shen Zhiyan had left, Murong Ci looked at Murong Yu with words written clearly on her eyes that said:

'Are you still not going....?
Want to stay for supper or something?'

Murong Yu was sitting leisurely, as if he was reluctant to leave the carved red sandalwood chair, as if he wanted to stay on it forever.

In fact, she did admire his concentration in the administration of the city government these past few days...

Rumors were flying in the Palace and in the city on these days, and the Ballad was sung more and more fiercely.
The storytellers of the restaurants and teahouses all talked about these speculations.

The center of these rumors was subject to speculation and discussion, but he was calm, efficient and relaxed as always.

He was still organizing and seeing a hundred officials in a flash every day at court.
He was still the iron-blooded Prince Regent who made himself frightening and famous all over the world.

The spies who followed his movements reported back to Murong Ci that he discussed the memorials as usual, reviewed the memorials as usual, and returned to his Palace as usual.
It was exactly the same as before, without any change, as if nothing or anyone could affect him, as if even if everything were to collapse around him, that would happen without moving him an inch.

What she didn't understand was:

'Did he really not care about that Ballad, and those speculations and discussions revolving around him?'

She just couldn't believe that he would not secretly send people to investigate those suspicious and murder cases.

"This Prince is exhausted, and I'm going to rest, so the Regent is free to leave at any time..."
She spoke coldly, and she didn't bother to pay attention to him as long as he wanted to sit there.

He stood up, standing proudly, and the spacious study room immediately became cramped,

"Your Royal Highness, about going to Xiao Yin's residence tomorrow, although it is only one night, it is enough for his accomplices to destroy possible clues..."

"The Regent wants to go now...?"
Murong Ci secretly thought,

'Why didn't he bring it up before, while Shen Zhiyan was still here?'

"This King is going now.
If Your Highness wants to come along, feel free to follow."

Murong Yu walked out with heavy steps, walking like wind, as if certain she would follow after him.

Murong Ci was really a bit tangled...
She didn't want to act alone with him, nor did she want to lose clues that might be discovered.

'He did it on purpose!
He didn't say it when Shen Zhiyan was still here, but only now!
That's so disgusting...!'

Reluctantly, Murong Ci chose to seize the opportunity, drank the soup medicine sent by Ruyi in a hurry, and quickly followed.

Outside the gate of the East Palace, Murong Yu was standing straight and majestically, and the red light and shadow enveloped him.
The black and golden embroidered python robe gleamed with dark fire, giving him a more mysterious look.

"Let's go."

She was in a daze for a moment, regretting her decision a little, but she moved on.

They could have gone by carriage...after all from the East Palace to the Palace's residence, it wasn't a short distance.
However, she always liked to walk, and believed that being carried too comfortably by others will wipe out her inner energy and willpower.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 41 PART 1
.....................to be continued