Chapter 45 Part 3 - "The Approaching Danger"

....

The morning glow resembled a brocade of clouds, decorating the Imperial Palace, Qingyuan Hall with its radiant glow and splendor.

Princess Zhaohua walked into the Qingyuan Hall with her Palace servants, but only two close court-ladies followed her into the Sleeping Hall of the Emperor.

Emperor Murong Cheng had just got up, and his close court-lady Yuan Shun was waiting to help His Majesty wash.

"This Daughter pays her homages to her Emperor Father."
Murong Chang smiled and bowed, then sat down on the edge of the bed, pulled his sleeves and smiled:

"The Emperor Father looks good today."

He stroked his daughter's head lovingly and smiled:

"Really? Somehow, I feel that today is more refreshing than before."

"Emperor Father, it must be a lucky sign from the heavens, and with God's blessing all the the monsters and evil spirits must have retreated."

"As long as you stay in the Palace obediently and don't make me worry about you, I will be healed naturally."

"Yes, this Daughter is worried about the Emperor Father.
From now on I will be a dignified Princess that shows as an example for women in the country."

She smiled beautifully.

"Ha ha ha..."
Murong Cheng laughed loudly, with his face rejoiced.

"Emperor Father, this Daughter made this almond butter soup personally for you, so please try and have a taste of it."
Murong Chang took the cup from Yuan Shun, the Emperor close court-lady.

"Oh, it must have taken you effort to cook for this Emperor, washing your hands and making soup."
He laughed and said, quite surprised,

"You're such a blessing."

"Of course I tried my best, you know?
Emperor Father, please hurry up and try it.
This is the first time that I have done this.
Emperor Father let me know how it tastes."

She smiled softly.

Murong Cheng took one sip after another, frowning slightly.
At this time, a servant came in quietly, holding a vermilion lacquered wooden case in both hands, with His Majesty's breakfast on it.

Murong Chang frowned in disappointment,

"Emperor Father,...is it awful?"