Chapter 22 Part 1 - "The Xiaoyue Pond"

....

It seemed that Murong Ci hadn't fully recovered from her previous cold yet.
On top of that, with the worries and anxiety over the recent murders, she became more ill.
Fortunately, she was diagnosed and treated in time.
She took the decoction, slept, sweated profusely, and got better little by little.

However, Ruyi did not let her get out of bed, and asked her to lie down to recuperate.

Murong Ci solemnly instructed:

"If something major happens in the Palace, you must tell me."

When she was awake, she spent the time thinking about what happened in the past two days, reorganizing the case, and seeing if she could find any doubts.
Then when she became tired, she fell asleep faintly.

The next morning, she got up to take a bath, and that immediately refreshed her a lot.
Although she became more energetic, her small face was still pale.

When she was eating porridge, Qin Ruo hurriedly came in and was about to speak but Ruyi winked her quickly.

Qin Ruo understood what Ruyi meant by that, turned around and was about to leave.
However she heard the cold voice of His Highness,

"Qin Ruo, have you forgotten what I've said?"

"Your Highness, this servant came in just to ask what Your Highness would like to eat for the afternoon meal."
Qin Ruo lowered her head when she saw the wishful wink.

"Who is your master between Ruyi and this Prince?"
Murong Ci stared at Ruyi displeasedly.

"Your Highness, your cold isn't fully recovered yet!
You can't go out in this poor condition."
Ruyi said confidently.

"This Prince is not a delicate boudoir girl.
How can a gust of wind blow this palace down?"
Murong Ci looked at Qin Ruo,

"Did something happen in the Palace?"

"A servant just came to report that someone was found death in the Xiaoyue Pond of the Royal Garden."
Before Qin Ruo had finished speaking, she saw a figure passing by like a gust of wind beside her.

Ruyi shouted and chased out, angrily,

"Your Highness...
Your Highness, you can't go out...!"

Qin Ruo hurried to catch up,

"I will look out for Your Royal Highness."

Ruyi stomped her feet with anger,

'How could His Highness not cherish her precious body so much?'

....

Xiaoyue Pond was located on the northwest side of the Imperial Garden.
The pond was not very wide, but it was full of lotus flowers.

In the clear water of the pond, green moss were floating, and the branches of lotus leaves stood like a circular green pavilion. The golden sunlight was shining down, and the whole world was like glass, blurred like a dream.
The breeze was blowing, and the green lotus swayed.

Sadly, today, there were a lot of people gathered there not for sightseeing but chattering about the horrible facts.

Liu An was waiting for the Regent and Dali Temple Minister, Master Gu Huai to arrive.

At this moment, seeing Murong Ci's arrival, he took a few steps forward, bowed and said:

"Greetings Your Royal Highness."

Murong Ci waved him to get up, and asked as he walked closer,

"What's the matter?"

"The dead servant called Xiaolu was discovered by a maid today."
Liu An's forehead and the corners of his eyes were covered with wrinkles.
Next to him was Fang Zheng, with his face smeared with a thin white layer, dead white.

"Has Dali Temple been notified?"
She glanced at him, always feeling that under his peaceful and courteous face, he was hiding a sinister face.

Once, without knowing him yet, she saw his ambiguous eyes staring at her father, like a sharp dagger slowly sliding down her father's forehead, past the tip of his nose, chin, and then over his chest.
Wherever she came across him, a blood stain would appear in his eyes.

That scene, imprinted in her mind, was consistently clear and terrifying.
It was an insidious look, like a poisonous snake, that entangled the father, and a bloodthirsty look, that seemed to swallow the father whole.

Liu An's voice was feminine, but not sharp,

"We already sent someone to report, and we believe they should be coming here soon."

Murong Ci squatted down beside the corpse, shocked.

Like Sun Yumei, the deceased body had blood residues on her face, wounds pecked by insects and beasts, and blood stains on the dark purple servant's robe.

Suddenly, she noticed an aura mixed with bitterness and strength coming from her side.
Her heart was chilling.
She turned her head vigilantly, but saw that it was Murong Yu.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 22 PART 1
.....................to be continued