Chapter 41 Part 2 - "Walking Together at Night"

....

The entire Palace was lit up with lanterns.
The lights were bright and magnificent, and the continuous Palace buildings seemed to be bathed in a sea of bright lights.

The straight Palace roads were lit up on both left and right sides, and with lights came the shadows too.
Those shadows under their feet were like long living-being of their own, swinging and dimly moving in the darkness, like dark and bloody swords.

She was not alone, and he was not alone either.
She was the thorn in his eyes, and he was her biggest obstacle, her enemy.
Yet, there they were, walking on the same Palace roads, walking and killing each other with stares.

Murong Ci suddenly felt this whole situation as unbelievable.
She never thought there would be such a day, such a night, that she and Murong Yu would be walking side by side in the Palace, and there was no one nearby.

She took a squint then walked steadily.
As they were walking, his golden embroidered python robe met her silver embroidered silk robe, under the breeze of the summer dark night.
Their robes were colliding together, rubbing and getting entangled with each other, meeting and getting separated repeatedly, getting entangled again and again.

It was just like a period of lingering love between men and women,...from the budding of affection to the lingering love, and then to the old age coexistence of each other, when one's life will come to dusk.

Murong Yu's martial arts were so good that he could detect every little movement, and naturally he could detect their robes getting entangled.

His big hand turned quietly under the cover of the vast robe, as if looking for something.
Murong Ci was surprised to get too close, and moved two steps to the other side.
His hand was lost in the air.
In his heart, there was a faint feeling of emptiness.

※※(N.B.) lol in other words: Regent wanting to hold her hand, but failing miserably. Poor thing! Sigh
※※

....

Xiao Yin worked and lived with Jin Sheng, in charge of the maintenance and consecration of the Fengtian Temple.
There were no other Palace people with them, and they lived in very remote and narrow temple rooms.

Because it was only the two of them, Jin Sheng lived in one room, and Xiao Yin lived in another room.

Murong Ci and Murong Yu asked the Palace people, and finally found the two small rooms.
When Jin Sheng wasn't there, they entered Xiao Yin's room and lit the lamp.

The room was neat and tidy, with a wooden bed, a low wardrobe, a wooden box, a small table and two stools, nothing more.
There were thin quilts and pillows on the bed, neatly folded, and the small table was empty, not even the teapot.

"A man's place shouldn't be so clean and tidy.
It seems that it has been cleaned up."
Murong Ci opened the closet, and there were several sets of napkins and a quilt stacked inside, nothing more.

"We were late, Xiao Yin's accomplices acted very quickly."
Murong Yu pulled up the thin quilt and pillows on the bed, looking for clues that might be left behind,

"Xiao Yin has stabbed Your Highness prepared to die afterwards, so maybe he cleaned up the house himself beforehand and destroyed all the relevant evidences."

They could gain nothing.
They inspected the rooms carefully, and then left.

....