Chapter 50 Part 2 - "A Big Game"

....

Master Gu Huai asked again,

"Your Royal Highness, was Concubine Zhao really not killed by Cui Nong?"
As a Dali Temple Minister, he didn't find out anything, and he was ashamed.

"The death of Concubine Zhao should have nothing to do with Cui Nong and Xiao Yin. This Prince has not found out yet who the murderer was."
Murong Ci looked at Murong Yu.
Today, she has solved the suspicious cases and murders that have occurred in recent days and exposed too much.

'Will it be a disaster?'

However, it will be a matter of time before she's exposed, and she can't keep pretending to be the weak "straw bag Prince" forever.'

"This humble official will investigate the case as soon as possible."
Master Gu Huai was already sweating a little, and his robe was wet and wet.

Fortunately, His Royal Highness solved these suspicious cases and murders.
The Prince Regent didn't blame him and ended up keeping his official hat.

Murong Yu stood up, walked away, and the moment he turned, his cold eyes swept across her face.
Murong Ci's limbs were cold, and her heart felt cold.

On the way back to the East Palace, Shen Zhiyan was a little excited, and said furiously:

"Your Royal Highness is more capable of investigating and resolving cases than I am.
It is simply shocking and weeping.
Your Highness's talent was deeply hidden!"

"Stop flattering me."
Murong Ci was a little embarrassed.
In fact, she didn't know that she had such a talent in this area.
Perhaps it was because she had never investigated a murder case before.

He laughed excitedly,

"Your Highness, after solving this murder investigation, don't you find it very interesting?
Don't you think that the process of finding evidence and peeling off the intricate layers of a mystery is like tasting food and wine?
Do you see how an autopsy is used to guess how the murderer committed the crime?
This process is as wonderful as cooking, right?
Don't you agree too?"

She rolled her eyes and walked forward quickly.

"Your Royal Highness' talent has passed through the Heaven and the Earth, shaking the Earth.
If it spreads out, in the future, you will definitely be known as the first Emperor in history, to judge wisely as solve the mystery and murder cases!"
Shen Zhiyan continued with his blabbing, without realizing it... (lol)

"In the future, if there will be any major or important cases in the Dali Temple, Your Highness will participate in the investigation, okay?"

(No response.)

"Your Highness, did you hear what I said?"

(Oh, he finally realized it?!)

"Your Highness!! Don't walk so fast..."

"Your Highness, wait for me!"

The chattering Shen Zhiyan chased after her, and Murong Ci didn't want to talk to him at all.

'How could I pick him as a companion back then?'

When she returned to the East Palace, she drank tea and ate pastries.
Shen Zhiyan frowned and said,

"Your Royal Highness, I always felt that all the story revolving around Cui Nong was like "a big game".
It seemed to me as if the real purpose was not to assassinate Your Majesty and avenge King Rui...
But then Xiao Yin died...
She just went into chaos and avenged her son by trying to assassinate Your Majesty.

What was she trying to do in truth with such a big situation?"

She nodded,

"This is also the point that leaves me puzzling.
She didn't want to answer this, and where the Blood Jade came from, or how she had practiced martial arts.
She deliberately concealed these three things."

"Couldn't there be other comrades left in the Palace?
If she didn't say it, maybe she just wanted to protect the other comrades' cover?"

"This Prince thinks the same way.
Before this, I already ordered to go down the Palace and clean up all Palace personnel and guards that seemed suspicious."

"Then there's Concubine Zhao's death mystery left, too.
Your Highness, did you discovery anything else ever since then?"
Shen Zhiyan asked.

"I haven't found anything else for the time being.
This Prince is exhausted.
We will reorganize the case of Concubine Zhao in the future."

In the past few days, Murong Ci had been thinking about the cases day and night, and she couldn't sleep well.

'Today, I must have a good rest...'

Shen Zhiyan raised his handsome eyebrows,

"By the way, Your Highness, I will cook a new dish for you to try another day.
I promise you will be full of praise after you taste it, and you will be thinking about it all day long."

She lazily asked:

"What new dish?"

Qin Ruo guessed:

"The new way of beef?"

He waved his hand,

"It's not beef.
I will keep it secret until then.
Tomorrow I will come to the East Palace to cook it for Your Royal Highness."

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 50 PART 2
.....................to be continued