Chapter 35 Part 1 - "The Good Match"

....

The sleeping hall was shining and brilliant, with brilliant jewels, and a dazzling array of precious ornaments.
Murong Chang smiled at the beauty in the bronze mirror, and said,

"Concubine Mother, this Child of yours likes naturally the most outstanding man in our country.
He has great exploits, both civil and military, and he's handsome and superb."

Concubine Qiao dropped her hands and took a step back.

'It was indeed him!'

Murong Chang saw the mother look different from the bronze mirror, and asked in surprise:

"Concubine Mother, what's wrong with you?"

"The person you like is..."
Qiao Fei hesitated to say no.

"My favorite person is the Prince Regent, Murong Yu.
My husband can only be him, and I can only marry him in this lifetime."

Murong Chang raised her red lips and her chin slightly, with her eyebrows haunting her natural arrogance.

"You haven't seen Murong Yu before, so why..."

"In the past, I was always interested about going out of the Palace to play, but now I have played thoroughly, and I have seen the colorful world outside the Palace, and that's it.
Concubine Mother, I have seen the Prince Regent several times in the Palace in the past, and although at that time I also thought he was handsome, but after I returned to the Palace, I found out that the people in the world were not as handsome and deceptive as him, and nothing compared to him.
In the past, it seems I had no eyes for men at all."

Murong Chang said with flying eyebrows and her voice as clear as pearls falling into the Jade plate.

Concubine Qiao pulled her daughter up, held her hands, and solemnly said:

"Zhaohua, listen to the advice of this Concubine, the Prince Regent is not a good match for you..."

When Murong Chang heard this, she immediately pulled down her face and said unwillingly:

"Concubine Mother, the Prince Regent is, both in civil and military aspects, the best Prince in the clan and the best person in the Yan Dynasty.

How is he not a good match for me?
What is wrong with him?
Only by marrying him I'll be happy and happy all my life."

Concubine Qiao said with a stern face,

"Zhaohua, this Concubine did not say that the Prince Regent was not good or appropriate... but that Your Father is still resting.
You are too anxious to ask Your Father to grant you a marriage and not serving him properly is unfilial of you!"

"Then Father can grant me the marriage first, and wait for the Father's dragon body to recover before holding the wedding ceremony!
Isn't this the best solution?"

"Listen to your Concubine Mother!
All I say is for your own good..."

"Concubine Mother, you are so long-winded, that I don't want to listen anymore!
Anyway, I just want to marry the Regent!"

Murong Chang covered her ears and stomped her feet, completely ignoring the teachings of her Mother.

Concubine Qiao was angry and anxious, but she nothing could be done with this stubborn daughter of hers.
She sighed in her heart:

'She was spoiled by His Majesty.'

Murong Chang walked out angrily,

"I'm going to go to the Imperial Garden for a stroll, and the Concubine Mother doesn't need to accompany."

When she reached the hall, she suddenly stopped, and said in amusement:

"Prince Brother, why are you here?"

Murong Ci calmly said:

"This Prince went to visit Your Concubine Mother at her Palace, Yuxiu Hall, but I was told that she was at the Royal Sister's place."

Concubine Qiao rushed out when she heard the Prince's voice, and said kindly,

"Your Royal Highness has something important for this Consort?"

"It's not a big deal."
Murong Ci said frankly,

"I just overheard the Princess Sister saying that she has someone she loves and wants to please the Father.
This is a good thing, and it is also the Princess' filial regard to Father.
This Prince also thinks that the younger Sister is indeed at the age of marriage.

Moreover, the Prince Regent has control of the government, and the power is in his hands.
The Father relies on him and trusts him.
If the Royal Sister marries the Regent, the Father must rest assured that the she will be entrusted to him, and will be satisfied with her marriage."

"The Prince Brother thinks so too?"
Murong Chang was pleasantly surprised, smiling like a bunch of crape myrtle under the violent sunlight.

"Don't worry, this Prince will report this to the Father, and he'll soon grant you a marriage."

"Great! Thank you, Prince Brother."
Murong Chang couldn't help herself, and smiled openly.

Concubine Qiao frowned, with her face worried.

Murong Ci guessed what she was thinking, and said:

"Concubine Qiao, shall we take a walk and speak in private?"

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 35 PART 1
.....................to be continued