Chapter 39 Part 3 - "The Speechless Performance"

....

In the Palace, only Princess Zhaohua called Murong Ci "Brother".

In the blink of an eye, Murong Chang rushed breathlessly into the Hall, blowing the air like a gust of wind.
Because of her rush, she was breathing heavily and her beautiful peach cheeks were red.

"Prince Brother, Prince Regent ..."
She stared at Murong Yu, and suddenly felt that she was so reckless, so she bowed her head shyly, and the pink color of her soft cheeks became deeper.

Murong Ci knowingly asked:

"Princess Sister, you came here in a hurry...Is there anything you're here for in particular?"

'How can I not know Zhaohua's mind...?'

When Zhaohua learned that Murong Yu had come to the East Palace to "visit the injured" Prince Brother, she also rushed along happily, just to be "technically" with him under the same roof.

"I heard... that the Prince Brother was almost assassinated and got injured.
This Sister of Yours came to visit the Prince Brother as soon as I heard it..."

Murong Chang's obsessive gaze finally moved away from Murong Yu, and she looked now calm, putting on the Royal Princess' dignified and noble style.

She asked softly,

"Prince Brother, is your injury okay?"

"This Prince is okay."
Murong Ci smiled slightly.

"It smells so good.
Prince Brother, this Princess hasn't eaten yet, can I eat together?"

Murong Chang asked politely.

If it were the past, she would have sat down unceremoniously.
Now that Murong Yu was there, she would naturally assume the image of a reserved noble, generous and decent Princess.

When Shen Zhiyan saw her talking like that, with her coquettish gaze swung towards the Prince Regent, he guessed something.

Murong Ci nodded in reply helplessly.

Meanwhile Murong Yu was eating leisurely, graceful and charming, as if everything that happened around him had no effect on him.

Murong Chang sat beside him, and the Palace people quickly added a bowl of rice and a pair of silver chopsticks for her.

Murong Ci and Shen Zhiyan looked at each other, and they understood each other's thoughts.

Although Murong Yu did not look at them directly, he swept away from the corner of his eyes and saw their eyes interaction.
For some reason, he suddenly felt that these meals tasted like chewing wax.

Murong Chang's gaze was basically attached on his face, just like sticky brown sugar.
He was the only one reflecting in her beautiful eyes, and she was completely immersed in her stares that she forgot to even start eating.