Chapter 49 Part 3 - "The Faint Monarch"

....

Murong Ci continued:

"Xiao Yin was brought up by Chang Qing in the Palace.
Needless to say, after Xiao Yin took poison and committed suicide, we summoned Chang Qing for questioning.
Chang Qing clearly knew that he could not get rid of the relationship and connection with him, and was prepared to die.
He drank arsenic and killed himself that night."

"Because of his relationship with Xiao Yin, Chang Qing knew he would be implicated, and chose to take poison and commit suicide.
It's very interesting."
Murong Yu's elegant eyebrows suddenly burst out sharply.

"We also discovered that Xiao Yin wasn't purified by Chang Qing.
He clearly knew that taking him in the Palace without having Xiao Yin purified meant committing a major crime, and that meant that he'd be undoubtedly killed for it.
So he drank the arsenic and committed suicide, which made people doubt his true intentions."

"However, Chang Qing committed suicide not because he was afraid of being implicated,
not because he was afraid of death,
but because he wanted to keep the secret of Xiao Yin's life origin.
Because the dead would never speak and reveal secrets.
Besides, how did he get ahold of the arsenic poison in such a short time?"
Murong Ci gave an icy gaze towards Cui Nong and curled her lips mockingly,

"Chang Qing's identity was special.
He was the eyes and ears of King Rui in his old years.
So, "someone" didn't want him to reveal their identity, and went straight to see Chang Qing that night, gave him the arsenic, and let him suicide on his own."

Shen Zhiyan suddenly felt a little uncomfortable.

'It turned out that His Royal Highness and the Prince Regent had found so much,'

"So that person was Concubine An, no, it's Cui Nong!
Her son died, and Cui Nong was distraught, angered and resentful towards Chang Qing.
He had failed to protect her son, so he had to take poison to kill himself."

Cui Nong lowered her eyebrows, with her eyes surging.

Liu An asked:

"Where is the real Concubine An in all this?"

Murong Ci said in a clear voice,

"The real Concubine An is dead.
It should be like this:

Cui Nong and her maid were sent to the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard.
Cui Nong was suffering from being unable to leave the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard to assassinate His Majesty, and avenge King Rui, because she was currently pregnant!
So they could only stay dormant for a while.

Six years ago, Cui Nong burned Concubine An to death and afterwards she disguised herself as Concubine An, and stayed in a wheelchair with her head and face covered.

The burnt corpse of Concubine An, completely unrecognizable, was thrown into the mass grave and regarded as Cui Nong by everyone.
Afterwards, Cui Nong asked her maid to pretend to be Liu Mei.

But Liu Mei had already left the Palace when Concubine An was demoted to a commoner, so she falsely claimed that Liu Mei came back to the Palace to serve her.
Cui Nong, what this Prince just said is right, isn't it?."

Cui Nong raised her eyes coldly, staring at her with a gloomy look, without saying a word.

"Originally, you didn't plan to assassinate the Emperor Father, right?
But Xiao Yin died, and the last bit of King Rui's blood was gone.
You held a grudge and decided to assassinate the Emperor Father."
Murong Ci's eyes were sharp,

"If you hadn't tried to assassinate the Emperor Father, this Prince wouldn't probably have been able to determine that you were the one behind the scenes."

"Yes! I wanted to bury the unworthy and unworn Monarch!"
Cui Nong suddenly yelled, and a huge wave of anger surged on her face.

"What's wrong with the Prince Regent?
The Prince Regent has always been loyal to the faint Monarch, sharing his worries for the country, exhausting himself for it, and had no intention of rebelliousness!
But what has the Prince Regent gotten back in reward for his hard work?

That faint Monarch listened to the slanders, and didn't believe even his own Son!
He was not worthy of being a father, not worthy of being a Monarch!

All of his Seven Sons were either killed, became crippled, or were banished from the country!
His hands are dirty with blood and he deserves to die!"

"You were just a mere female Concubine.
Exactly how much do you know of the events of more than 20 years ago!?
In those days, the Seven Princes fought to death in order to win the title of Crown Prince."
Liu An sighed,

"Just in order to become the Crown Prince, the Seven Princes disregarded their friendship and brotherhood, fighting against each other and framing each other.

His Majesty saw these sad scenes with his own eyes, deeply hurt inside, and heartache and helplessness emerged in His heart.
In fact, His Majesty had already given them a chance before, but they didn't know how to cherish it at all.
And thus it caused that sequence of events, resulting with those tragic consequences."

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 49 PART 3
.....................to be continued