Chapter 2 Part 2 - "Who Wants to Kill Me"

....

"My Lord, the Prince Regent, please stay, don't proceed any further."
Ruyi stood outside the threshold and stretched out her arms to stop him.

"His Royal Highness is unwell and is not going to see anyone today."

"Can you stop this King?"

He glanced casually.

She was startled and scared by his stern gaze, as if she was stabbed by a silver needle.
Murong Ci in the hall said loudly:

"Let the regent come in."

Murong Yu stepped across the hall and sat directly across from her, locking the prince with a smile.

"Last night the Prince Regent was almost assassinated at his birthday banquet, which got this prince terrified by it."
She said timidly like a scared little white rabbit.

"It's this king's fault that the prince was frightened."
Having said that, there was no apology in his tone...

"Why are there female assassins trying to assassinate the Regent?"

"It should be some rebels who are thinking of beheading this king."

"I heard that a female assassin was captured last night..."
Murong Ci stopped deliberately, timidly.

"This king has ordered his subordinates to torture the female assassin to extract a confession, and I believe that the mastermind behind the scenes will be captured soon."
Murong Yu's black eyes flicked a sharp cold light.

"This king will seize the mastermind behind the scenes and must let him taste his tortures."

"This prince also hopes that the Prince Regent will capture the mastermind as soon as possible."

"This king believes that the person who wants to kill him is either far away from here...or very 'close' to him."

"Regent,...what do you mean?"

Meeting his bloodthirsty and cruel gaze, she was shocked, and her eyes became cold.

'Could it be that he already guessed something? Unexpectedly, he might have really guessed it...

This damn regent is too smart and cunning.'

Murong Yu suddenly curled his lips evilly,

"His Royal Highness will understand what this king meant.
Actually, this king had suspected that the assassination last night was deployed by someone close to him."

Murong Ci was shocked and smiled dryly,

"The prince can really make jokes."

His black eyes narrowed,

"However, this king believes that His Royal Highness does not have the guts."

She secretly breathed a sigh of relief,

"Eheh, the prince says the truth."

Then, Murong Yu decided to leave the Crown Prince 's palace...

*PHEW*

.....

After Murong Yu left, she asked Ruyi:

"The mysterious robe that I brought back from the palace last night......"

"Was it burned already?"

Ruyi saw the hostility floating on His Highness's face, and said helplessly:
"Yes."

His Royal Highness kept a low profile in the East Palace for five years, but she didn't expect that her first attack would fail, and so many people would die.

'How could she not be angry?'

Nowadays, His Majesty her father, was always sick in bed, ignoring the court affairs.
The regent is in charge of the court affairs, arrogant and domineering.
Most of the officials in the court have been there for generations, so as long as they can keep their status, they are loyal to the regent.
Whether it is the ruling party or the officials, no one dared to say a "no" to the regent.
Even the prince of the East Palace, the future prince of the Yan Kingdom, cannot say a "no" to the regent.

'How can his Royal Highness not be aggrieved and angry?'

.....

-------------
END of CHAPTER 2 PART 2
.....................to be continued