Chapter 20 Part 2 - "The Cold"

....

'His Highness had a high fever and didn't even realize it.'

On the carriage, he put her down.
She woke up faintly, and saw him close at hand.
His exquisite and cold facial features magnified in front of her eyes.
She quickly sat down in a panic, her heart beating.
She seemed to be dizzy just now?

"Your Royal Highness has caught a cold and has a high fever.
Didn't Your Highness notice it?"
Murong Yu poured a cup of still warm tea and handed it to her lips to feed her.
His tone seemed to be blameless.

Murong Ci silently took the teacup and drank all of it.

"Perhaps it was because of the rain this morning and not changing clothes in time, which caused to catch a cold."
Her brain hurt terribly, the limbs were sore and weak, and she had a bursting feeling of nausea which gave her pain.

The horse-drawn carriage drove fast.
Seeing her holding her arms and looking pale, he untied his robe and thoughtfully, wrapped her up.

Murong Ci accepted his kindness, although she was uncomfortable.
This black golden brocade robe was contaminated with his breath.
A breath of aloes mixed with the masculine breath of a man, which smelled very well.
She recalled the bad memories of that nightmare-like night again.

The obsession of the dark night, the piercing pain of the steel knife-like, the strong and powerful body, those humiliating postures...
This nightmare entangled her, making her uneasy.
She could hardly restrain herself and threw the mysterious robe out at first, but then calmed down.

Murong Yu gently pulled the robe, and covered her again.

"Is it still cold?"

"It's better."
Her headache was a little dazed, and his words and deeds were full of spring gentleness.

"You take a rest first.
This King will call you when we arrive."

"Ok."
She was really unwell and closed her eyes, forgetting about the smell of his clothes because she was very tired.

He stared at her quietly.
Her face was quiet and pale.
Her slender eyelashes were crow raven, and occasionally the sunlight that leaked in from the carriage window glided across her surface like waves, fleeting.

Whenever the carriage shook, she would occasionally frown her eyebrows, as if enduring unspeakable pain.
Murong Yu stretched out his hand in a gentle manner, trying to smooth her frowning eyebrows, but froze in the air.

Suddenly, the carriage shook violently, and then stopped like abrupt brakes.

Murong Ci awakened from the confusion, and at the same time fell forward.
Fortunately, he swiftly strode quickly and caught her in his arms.
He then sat next to where she had been sitting.

She was frightened and started panting violently.
She lay down in his arms.
Her pale little face faintly revealed a peach-like pink, soft and sultry.

"What's the matter?"
Murong Yu asked displeased to the coachman.

"My apologies, my Lords.
A child just rushed out of the street, and I could only brake in a hurry.
However there was a small hole just now that this humble servant hadn't noticed until the last moment."
The coachman replied.

"Be more careful."
Murong Yu exhorted with his face glowing with cold air.

"I'm all right."
Blood flowed rapidly from Murong Ci's limbs. She was in a panic and broke free from his hug.

Murong Yu noticed that the Prince in his arms was getting hotter, like a ball of fire.
He then let go of her, but still sat beside her.
He noticed her cheeks floating with a bright color, peach cheeks and pink lips, and was fascinated for a while.

She felt his hot gaze and her heart started beating faster and faster, getting more anxious and restless.
Her brain hurt even more.

'Will he figure out that I'm a woman disguised as a man?
Will you find out that the woman of that night is actually me?'

"Are we almost at the gate of the Palace?" she asked, diverting his attention.

"Not yet."

"I'll take a rest for a while then."
Murong Ci closed her eyes and suppressed her chaotic thoughts.

'Even if he was suspicious, so what?
My appearance is totally different from back then, so there's not way he would notice it.'

She just didn't want to admit it.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 20 PART 2
.....................to be continued