Chapter 55 Part 3 - "In My Heart, There is NO Princess"

....

With a cold gaze, Murong Yu looked at the woman in front of him.

Princess Zhaohua was wearing a summer robe with a green lotus-leaf sleeve, and a silk robe, covered with snow-white tulle, that was like snow and mist, and added a touch of elegance and grace to her appearance.

The soft green colors made her skin look radiant like snow, like a fine jasper lying quietly in a icy spring, becoming more pure and clear.

The hair buns were decorated with green beads, and a gold hairpin inlaid with jasper threads was inserted in the hair buns, adding a bit of delicacy and beauty to the green forest style of her robes.

Today's makeup was different from the luxurious and gorgeous flowery colors of the past, and tended to the green and natural jasper-colors.
Murong Chang believed that there would never be anything wrong with her appearance.

A Military General and Imperial Nobleman such as the Royal King had seen countless battlefields in his life.
As such, no ordinary woman could ever fit with him in comparison other than herself.

Therefore, today she had spent a lot of care and efforts on her makeup.
Seeing his gaze staying on her body for a moment, she beamed with her eyebrows. Her demeanor was softer, her smile was softer, and her voice was more crisp,

"Prince Regent, please try this rose dew."

Afterwards, she looked at her servant, Yuan Xiu and motioned her to make the waiter leave.

The waiter had been serving the Prince Regent in the Study Room for five years already, and knew well his temperament.
Thus he didn't dare to withdraw even after the Princess's stare.
Only when the Prince Regent gave him a stare, the servant withdrew from the room.

As the door of the Hall was shut, the atmosphere inside of the Hall became a little tense and darker.
In the floating sky and darkness, Murong Chang stared at him foolishly and said,

"Prince Regent, I want to marry no other but you, in this life."

She said in a soft voice, frankly expressing her longing and affection for him.
She used the simplest language to express her most profound sentiment.

"The Princess loves this King so much that I dare not be ashamed of it."
Murong Yu stood up and left his table.
His voice was still indifferent like autumn water,

"This is a major marriage event.
The Crown Prince and the Ministry of Etiquettes and Rituals are already preparing for the Recruitment of the Princess' Consort Husband, and they will soon choose the best candidates for becoming the Princess' Consort Husband.
Princess, please be assured and wait at ease, that the best Consort Husband will be chosen for you."

"Prince Regent, you have the world in mind, and can't accommodate to marry a weak woman like this Princess for a Consort Wife?"
She understood what he meant...

Suddenly, she felt like a bucket of ice water was poured from the top of her head.
Her limbs became cold, but because of her cowardice, she was angry with him, and anger kept running up,

"Prince Regent, how can you say you don't dare resist a decree?
You are in charge of the government!
You have the power to influence both the ruling side and the opposition side in the court!
You have the decisional power over the death penalty, and also....."

"The Princess seems to have misunderstood.
Whether the Princess' Consort Husband is a child from the Four Great Families or a famous Master, it doesn't matter, as long as it's not this King."

"Why?"

"The Princess is loved by thousand of people, and is the Emperor's most beloved Noble Princess in our Yan country.
How many young and talented officials and children of Noble families yearn for marrying you?

This King already has a Family, a Country and many Subordinates, but NO Princess!"
Murong Yu's voice was low and faintly indifferent, as merciless as a blade, and as sharp as a sword!
He told her straightforwardly that he didn't like her.

Murong Chang's legs became weak, and she stepped back two steps, staggering uncontrollably.
It was as if the merciless blade pierced into her heart and the sword pierced into her soul.
Her small face became pale, extremely white, and her limbs were so cold that she seemed to be surrounded by ice.

'Why?
What is wrong with him!?
He actually refused her!
He refused her affection so mercilessly!'

She stared at him, with tears slightly flowing and gleaming from her beautiful eyes
Her eyebrows were sad, and she wanted to cry out loud.

'What exactly is this for?'

"The Prince Regent is already interested in someone else?"
Murong Chang tried her best to restrain herself from exploding from anger, and didn't lose her stance.

"Whether there's someone or not in this King's heart, what does it matter?"
Murong Yu's deep eyes were soaked in coldness, and there was a hint of pride between his eyebrows.

"This King will only marry the woman who has this King's heart in this life, and that woman will definitely NOT be a 'Princess'..."

※※(N.B.) Sure enough, definitely NOT a 'Princess', but a 'Prince'...?

Right? Murong Yu?? (*'∇`*) (lol) ehehe

Only we readers can understand the deep meaning of this sentence, and certainly the Princess won't understand what the Regent meant. (lol)
※※

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 55 PART 3
.....................to be continued