Chapter 46 Part 3 - "Why Not?"

....

Dr. Shen, the Imperial Physician from the Palace Hospital hurried over to diagnose and treat the Emperor, Murong Cheng.
The assassin had just attempted to assassinate him, and the Emperor Murong Cheng of the Great Yan Country fainted with the shock.

Everyone breathed a sigh of relief.
Murong Chang's eyes showed a fierce glow, and she coldly said:

"That assassin dared to assassinate the Emperor Father!
He should be beheaded and showed to the public!"

Murong Yu said in a stern,

"Perhaps the assassin has accomplices, and this King has passed the order to find and arrest the assassin's comrades."

Murong Chang stared at him intently.
There was a tactful and obsessed bright light in her eyes, that seemed to burst into a bloom.

"Prince Regent, immediately order to behead the assassin."
She stood up, with her beautiful eyes filled with hatred for the assassin.

"No."
He said coldly.

"Why not?"
She was puzzled and didn't expect him to object.

"How can the assassin die so easily?"
Murong Ci said quite speechlessly,

'Is the Princess Sister's head full of weeds?'

"Why the assassin assassinated the Emperor Father;
What his attempt is;
How many comrades he had..., etc., etc.,
It's not too late to kill him after we finish interrogating him first and cross-examine with his comrades."

Murong Chang nodded clearly.

'I see... I was indeed negligent.
Assassins can be killed at any time, but they must be cross-examined first!'

Murong Ci resigned:

"Princess Sister, you stay with the Emperor Father, meanwhile this Prince will go to question the assassin."

Murong Chang nodded in response, and suddenly saw that the Prince Regent was leaving too, and hurried to pull his vast robe,

"Prince Regent..."

Murong Yu turned half of his body, and without hurriedly pulled the robe out of her hand,

"What's the matter with the Princess?"

She stared at him, with mist in her beautiful eyes, and pitifully asked:

"This Princess is afraid...
Can the Prince Regent stay here with this Princess?"

His side face was like a Jade, like a cliff with sharp edges and corners, cold and full of the masculine taste of a man, charming and beautiful.

"This King still has important things to do."
When the words were over, he left in a stride, without regret.

She was dumbfounded,

'H-he, he...He actually ignored my request!?
I begged him in a low voice, but he refused!'

Murong Chang trembled with anger, helpless, and gave up.
The Emperor Father's assassination just happened today, so maybe he really had something important to do.

Standing in the corridor of the Palace, Murong Ci called on a guard and asked,

"Where is the assassin?"
The internal organs still hurt so much.
Cold sweat and hot sweat came out together, wetting her clothes.

The guard was about to answer, but when he saw the Prince Regent coming from behind His Royal Highness and waving his hand, the guard didn't dare to and said nothing.

She turned around, saw him approaching suddenly, and tried to walk away from him.
However Murong Yu held her wrist and pulled her, walking straight to the East-side Hall,

"His Royal Highness is injured.
It won't be too late to interrogate the assassin later."

"Where are you taking this Prince?"
Murong Ci couldn't shake his hand, and her viscera ached even more with anger.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 46 PART 3
.....................to be continued