Chapter 22 Part 2 - "Scorching Heat"

....

Murong Yu glanced at her, then cast his eyes on the corpse.
It was a pair of extremely deep and radiant eyes that melted with all wisdom and strategy and could swallow the soul of the world.

Murong Ci secretly wondered whether these eyes would swallow the entire Yan Kingdom, and both the Emperor Father and her would become a ray of dead souls.
She stood up, walked aside and saw Shen Zhiyan hurriedly approaching.

It was hard to imagine that the great, handsome, and promising eldest son of the Duke Shen Qingtong was only interested in murders and corpses.

While she was thinking about it, Shen Zhiyan had already begun a preliminary autopsy.
Dali Temple Minister Master Gu Huai was busy with official duties and sent Shen Zhiyan this time.
In fact, it didn't make much difference whether Master Gu Huai came or not.

"It is quite similar to the case of Sun Yumei."
Murong Yu said in a deep voice, standing up, his posture standing tall and straight, eye-catching.

"At first glance, they are very similar."
Shen Zhiyan put on thin gloves and pressed the deceased's chest.

"The death cause is the rupture of the organs.
The deceased's limbs and face are covered in bites wounds."

"When did she die?"
Murong Ci asked.

"It should be around five hours ago."
He stood up and said to Liu An,

"Master manager, please arrange someone to send the body to the Dali Temple."

"Master Shen, don't worry, this old subordinate will order someone right away."
Liu An immediately ordered several servants.
The Palace people who were there watching started murmuring, and heat discussions flooded like a tide.

A Palace lady was terrified and terrified, and said:

"Heavenly descending Blood Jade, Qingyuan's Blood Rain, and now a Palace lady died in the Xiaoyue Pond and was bitten to death by a fish, isn't this a Cannibal Fish?"

Another court lady said,

"Everything sung in the ballad is fulfilled, now!
It's terrible. Will it be us next to be killed by a fish?"

"Don't tell me about it! I'm so scared.
I must not dare to sleep at night."
A timid Palace maid shivered, close to her companion.

"Then following the song, what will happen next?"
a servant asked.

"It seems to be...
'Jade steals the country'...
But what does this mean?"

"I don't know.
Could it be a mass murder in the Palace?
Will we all die?"
The eyes of a Palace lady were full of fear.

"No matter what we do in the future, we shouldn't be alone!
Try to be two or three people together."

The more they talked, the more ridiculous, and the more they talked, the more vigorous they were.
Liu An coughed heavily, and those Palace people fell silent in fear and gradually dispersed.

Murong Ci suddenly approached Shen Zhiyan, lowered her voice and said in his ear:

"It's better to go to the deceased's residence and see."

He nodded,

"Yes, Your Highness.
I want to go to the place where the deceased used to live in.
Can you find a Palace man to lead me over?"

Seeing their intimate gestures, Murong Yu suddenly felt a scorching heat rushing to his chest.
The scorching sunlight became more venomous and very uncomfortable.

Liu An naturally wouldn't refuse, and pointed to a servant to lead them over.
Looking at the two figures drifting away in the sunlight, and finally being overwhelmed by it, Murong Yu looked back.
The sunlight became more dazzling.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 22 PART 2
.....................to be continued