Chapter 28 Part 3 - "The Windows of the Soul"

....

Not long after returning from the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard, Murong Ci felt dizzy, so she went to lie down, but she didn't expect it to burn with a fever again.

Originally, her fever and cold wasn't that serious, and she was just exhausted after running around for a few days.

But this morning, she got caught in the rain and the wind again.
Without changing clothes in time, she fell ill again.
Sickness comes like a mountain, and goes like a thread.

She was lying on the bed, frozen like an iceberg for a while, and hot like a volcano for a while, intertwined with coldness and hotness, and pain.

After taking the decoction, she was sweating profusely, and only after waking up did she feel better.

The summer night was as silent as ink knocked over.
Murong Ci was sweating all over her bed couch, and she was really uncomfortable.
She wanted to sleep but couldn't sleep, so she ordered Ruyi to prepare hot water for a bath.

After the bath, she was refreshed, but she sneezed steadily.
Ruyi hurriedly helped her to put on the underdress pajamas, then put on the jade cloak, and then returned to the sleeping hall.

"Your Royal Highness, this servant will go and bring the soup medicine."
Ruyi said so, but saw that His Highness stopped, as if seeing a ghost.

Looking suspiciously along His Highness' gaze, she took a breath--
Someone was in the sleeping hall!

A man was standing in front of the table by the bed couch with a book and reading it.
That man was the Prince Regent!

Ruyi was flustered, and after thinking about it, she didn't seem to have said anything inappropriate that could reveal the slightest information that His Highness was a woman.

Murong Ci stared at Murong Yu firmly, with various thoughts intertwined in her heart.
Her small face turned white and then turned pale green in a flash, green and white, white and green...

Murong Yu put down the booklet and said in a low voice,
"Leave us."

Ruyi glanced at His Royal Highness, bowed and retired:

'Oh god, please grant your blessing to His Royal Highness.'

....

There were only two lamps and candles lit in the sleeping hall, and the light was dim.
He stood there, with the golden python pattern of the golden robe bursting out with fierce golden light, as if it was about to rush out and swallow people.

He looked at her, with his unwavering eyebrows.
Like mountains and rivers, the beauty of the world was all in those eyes.
He was cold and beautiful, and he grew a pair of eyes that seemed to swallow the world.

It's said that the human soul resided and was born from the heart, and that the eyes were the windows of the human soul.

From these deep, cold black eyes, she saw his heart-ambitious.

'What is he here for?'

'This is my East Palace...
But there he is, ...entering and exiting freely, and entering my bedroom grandiosely, and no one reporting anything!'

'Do the guards and Palace people eat shit?'

If he intended to kill her and steal the country, then she would have died silently.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 28 PART 3
.....................to be continued