Chapter 58 Part 1 - "Yin and Yang"

....

The Literary Test Hall resumed its original normal order.
In the silence, the young talents answered as usual.
He Guang, his colleagues in the Ministry of Etiquettes and Rites, and the Ghost Guards walked around to supervise them.

Each of the well-prepared desks in the Hall for the Test today, were particularly conspicuous, and one of them stayed there, alone and unused...

Murong Ci walked in lightly, stopped at the desk where Fan Xiao Wen had been sitting, and swept her cold and frosty eyes inch by inch over it.
When she had come to see Fan Xiao Wen's illness earlier, she had accidentally seen that there was a little undetectable powder near the ink-stone originally.
However, no trace of it could be found anymore now.
She looked at the ground, and as expected, there was a little powder left on the ground.

"Your Royal Highness, do you have something important to order?"
Wei Wen Chang, one of the officials in the Ministry of Etiquette and Rituals, in charge of the Test preparation that day, came closer and asked His Highness for instructions, bowing his body extremely respectfully, with an honest and upright face.

Murong Ci lowered her voice and said,

"It's nothing, don't mind me!
This Prince is just looking around.
You can go now. Your must be busy."

Wei Wen Chang left blankly.

Murong Ci immediately took out a silk cloth and wiped it on the ground under the ink-stone, then quickly folded it and shut it into her robe pocket.
These series of actions were quick and smooth, and flawless.
As soon as she turned around, she was already walking outside.

Back at the side Hall, Murong Ci heard Murong Yu's instructions to his servant to carry the corpse out of the Palace and return it to the Fan Family, and said quickly:

"Hold on a second!"

He looked at her, with his eyes sinking slightly,
"Did Your Highness find anything?"

"This matter might seem simple, but this Prince feels that it's more appropriate to invite the Minister of the Dali Temple to perform an autopsy.
If there is no doubt after the examination, it won't be too late to send the corpse to the Fan's residence afterwards."
She said sternly,

"This Prince has already sent someone there.
Please wait for Shen Zhiyan.
I believe he'll be here soon."

"I see that Your Highness is very careful.
Very well."
Murong Yu said calmly.

She smiled softly and didn't know if he was being sarcastic or actually praising her.

Therefore, the Doctor Li couldn't leave, and had to wait for Shen Zhiyan to come, so that the two of them performed an autopsy together.

After a while, He Guang came to ask for instructions:

"Prince Regent, what should I do now?
Let those young talents go back home or..."

Murong Ci said loudly:

"No one can leave!
Let them wait in the Hall, and tell the servants to serve tea and refreshments."

He looked at the Prince Regent hesitantly and asked for his opinion.

'By detaining people in the Wuying Hall, isn't this like telling everyone that they are all suspected?'

Murong Yu seemed to be smiling but not smiling at the same time, and said,

"Just do as Your Highness said."

He Guang took the order.
Murong Yu drank a cup of tea and whispered:

"Your Highness, do you mind having a talk?"

Murong Ci saw him walking towards the inner Hall.
She knew he wouldn't have any good intentions, but gritted her teeth and followed in.

....

The lights and shadows in the inner Hall were dim, but a ray of sunlight came in from the window sill, shining on the floating dust in front of the window.

He stood in front of the window, standing between the ray of light.
It was like the opposites Yin and Yang:
Half of his body was in the light, the other half was in the darkness.
The balance between light and darkness, was like a sword, half as bright as the sun, and half as dark and cold as the snow, splitting him in half strangely and mysteriously.
It was ominous, as if the Demons from Hell had emerged on earth.

The extreme darkness of the Yin made the scalp numb and horrible, the extreme brilliance of the Yang, confused the people's hearts and minds.
Such a contradictory appearance condensed in one single person's body, lucid and insidious.
Such a contradictory person was indeed unpredictable.

"Prince Regent, do you have something to say to this Prince?"
She stood not far from the entrance, far away from him.

"Your Highness, do you want everyone outside to hear us?"
Murong Yu turned around, with his handsome face that looked angry with people and gods, full of ghosts and shadows, but without ruining the beauty of his skin.

Murong Ci had no choice but to take a few steps forward, waiting for the following.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 58 PART 1
.....................to be continued