Chapter 54 Part 1 - "Concubine Xiao's Proposition"

....

The Qingyuan Hall.

As a result of the assassination, the Emperor's dragon body was in a bad condition again.
It took two days for him to calm down before his complexion improved.

As soon as Murong Ci stepped into the main Hall, he heard the laughter and tender voices of the Emperor Father and Concubine Xiao coming from the Sleeping Hall, so she stopped in front of the Hall.

"Your Majesty, rests assured.
The assassin has already been caught and killed.
This Consort has ordered Manager Liu to clean up all the Palace personnel and guards.
All suspicious people will be dealt with. Nothing like this will happen again."

Concubine Xiao glanced at him with bright eyes, putting her slender hands on his chest, which made him laugh loudly and happily.

"I am very relieved that there is a resourceful Concubine like you in charge of the Harem and Manager Liu An in charge of the court internal affairs."

Her beautiful eyes waved and gleamed,

"Speaking of which, Princess Zhaohua and the Royal King have done most of the job in this matter:

If Princess Zhaohua didn't happen to be here at that time with her maidservant Yuan Xiu, the assassin wouldn't have been stopped in time;
and if the Royal King hadn't arrived in time and waited outside the Hall, we wouldn't have been able to catch the assassin!

Your Majesty should reward them to show that you're grateful and full of praise for them, making it clear to everyone."

"Of course I have to reward them, but I haven't decided yet what I should reward them with."
His Majesty, Murong Cheng frowned slightly.

"In my opinion, the Royal King just did his duty of protecting Your Majesty, which is his duty as minister and Prince Regent in charge of government affairs.
Thus the best reward from Your majesty should be the precious herbs and tonics such as bird's-nest, ginseng and other tonics to replenish his body.

As for Princess Zhaohua, she risked her life to desperately protect Your Majesty with courage.
Her actions are precious, and should be highly rewarded."

Concubine Xiao smiled beautifully, with her skin shining as brightly as an elegant gleaming goose,

"This Consort thinks that the best reward for her should be that Your Majesty personally selects a proper Husband Candidate that is both skillful in martial arts and civil affairs."

"Oh? You seem to have already something in mind.
What's your idea?"