Chapter 14 Part 2 - "Just Standing"

....

At the hall, Liangdi Wei continued:

"Princess, for example, at this time His Royal Highness is reading or studying books in the study.
We also have to wait in the study, but we can't speak, let alone leave.
We can only quietly 'Stand' there and wait."

"If you can't make a sound and you can't leave, isn't that going to be suffocating?"
Murong Shi asked in astonishment.

'Why are there so many quirks in His Highness?'

"His Royal Highness may ask us to serve him at any time, so we can't leave.
To serve His Royal Highness, you must stand upright and wait.
Most of the time, you have to stand for one to two hours.
Come now, I will show you once. Look."
Liangdi Ye stood straight, staring straight ahead, and holding her right hand with her left hand, placing them in the middle of her waist.

Liangdi Wei said gently:
"This is not difficult.
Since the Princess loves the Crown Prince, will she give it a try today and stand for an hour in this position?"

"This is too simple."
Murong Shi stood up happily, standing straight in a good posture.

'Isn't it easy?'
Her grandmother in the Palace taught her the etiquette in the Palace, and she learned them all in a few days.

Liangdi Ye and Liangdi Wei took a look at each other and said,
"The Princess must remember not to look around, not to talk, just stand up straight."

Murong Shi nodded and moved forward courageously with a face of determination.

They sat down and started drinking tea, then looked at each other.
Their eyes were smirking with an inaudible smile, and they understood each other.

....

Time passed second after second.
The maid went to the study to report again, and Ruyi smiled,

"Liangdi Ye and Liangdi Wei have so many mischievous ideas.

The Princess has already spent the time of half a cup of tea standing."

Murong Ci sneered,
"With the Princess' lively and noisy temperament, how could it be possible to withstand this extreme silence?"

That's right, Murong Shi couldn't stand it for less than the time to take a cup of tea.
At first, she was still in high spirits, and felt that this was something that couldn't be easier, and that couldn't give her trouble.
Gradually, her legs were numb, her waist and arms were sore and numb, and she was about to have cramps.

"How long has it been?"
she asked impatiently.

"Princess, it's been less than a cup of tea."
Liangdi Ye reminded kindly,

"Don't you remember, Princess?
The Princess must be by His Highness' side and can't make a sound.
His highness wouldn't like it."

"An hour will pass quickly.
We usually have to stand for more than an hour every time with His Royal Highness."
Liangdi Wei lowered her head to drink tea, a slight sneer flashed in his eyes.

Murong Shi shut her mouth, cheering herself,
'Persistence is the key to victory.'

Her Prince was there waiting for her in front of her. He was within reach, and she could not give up easily!
She twisted her body with the smallest movement to relieve the pain and tingling.

However, it didn't take long for the soreness of the whole body to get worse.
She frowned, gritted her teeth and insisted.
A thin layer of sweat formed on her back and forehead.
In any case, she has to overcome many difficulties and become the Prince's favorite Princess.

She didn't know how long it had passed.
Her face was pale, her eyes squinted blankly, and her body shook lightly, as if she would fall down at any time.

Liangdi Ye looked at Liangdi Wei, then covered her mouth and said,
"Is she going to faint?"

Liangdi Wei said in a low voice,
"She was willing to do this and it has nothing to do with us.
Furthermore, Your Highness will protect us."

*THUD*

The sound was low and muffled.

They saw Murong Shi fainted on the ground.
Her small face showing a pale color.

Liangdi Ye and Liangdi Wei hurriedly called for a few Palace ladies to help her to sit down in a chair.
She woke up quietly, and then realized that she had fainted.

'Isn't it just standing still?
She didn't even stand for half an hour, which was too pathetic.
However, His Royal Highness' preferences are even more strange.
'Why can't the people around him speak out and have to stand upright?'

"The Princess is ill.
It is better to go back to the mansion and rest."
Liangdi Ye persuaded.

"If something happens to the Princess, we can't afford it."
Liangdi Wei said.

In the end, with the support of several court ladies, Murong Shi went home.
In the study, Murong Ci listened to Ruyi's report, and then continued reading after a sneer.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 14 PART 2
.....................to be continued