Chapter 66 Part 1 - "Like a Flower Seeking for Water"

....

After the conclusion of Wang Zheng's case, the family members and young talents went out of the Palace, and He Guang, Minister of the Ministry of Etiquettes and Rituals, ordered the subordinates and servants to clean up the Wenhua Hall.
In the blink of an eye, people were almost gone.

Shen Zhiyan's elegant eyebrows were covered with a brilliant smile,

"Your Royal Highness has solved the murder case and arrested the real culprit in just an hour!
The Dali Temple and the Ministry of Crimes has a pile of homicide cases like a sea, and there is no rest at all.

No one has ever solved a case so quickly, and Your Royal Highness can be said to be unprecedented now and for the time being!
You're the Master of Investigation and Judgments in the current world, and I admire you so much."

Murong Ci was very flattered in her heart, but she didn't change her facial expression, and just rolled her eyes.

Murong Chang giggled,

"Master Shen, you have become more skilled in flattering."

He explained seriously, but still smiled,

"Princess, what this official said is from the bottom of my heart."

"Master Shen, you have been the hero of the Dali Temple for decades, famous for rarely leaving any cases unsolved up until now, right?
Aren't you afraid that the Prince Brother will steal your title this time around?"
She joked playfully, glaring affectionately at Murong Yu, hoping he would give her a serious look, just one look, and she'd be satisfied.

"How can that be the case?
Your Royal Highness is incomparably intelligent, and this official is his fan from the very start.
How can this official's little skill in autopsy be remotely compared with Your Highness' talent?"
Shen Zhiyan laughed.

Murong Chang smiled and quietly turned to look at Murong Yu.

Murong Yu looked at the vast sky covered with clouds, and his sword-like eyebrows narrowed slightly.
His eyes looked distant, and she didn't know what he was thinking about.

The wind swirled away unscrupulously, becoming more and more fierce, curling up his black robe embroidered with python patterns, making it fly up and down energetically.

Murong Ci couldn't hold the sneer from the corner of her lips, and someone was pretending again.

"By the way, Shen Zhiyan, didn't you say you wanted to watch the Competition?
Why did you come after it was almost over?"

"There was kind of an emergency at the Dali Temple, which delayed my arrival, but didn't I come in time?"
Shen Zhiyan's smile swayed in the wind.

"It looks like it's going to rain today."
Murong Chang happily said,

"Prince Brother, Master Shen, Prince Regent, it's better to go to my Jinghong Hall to have a meal!
This Princess has already ordered the Palace Staff to prepare meals."

How could Murong Ci not know the thoughts of the Princess Sister?

So he said:

"Princess Sister, since it's going to rain, it's better to follow your suggestion and go to your Palace.
Prince Regent, Shen Zhiyan, let's go together."

Shen Zhiyan was good at autopsy, good at observing words and colors, and his eyesight was also very precise.
Seeing Princess Zhaohua looking at the Royal King from time to time, with affectionate, shy and tender eyes, he realized that she really liked him.

He also guessed that His Royal Highness intended to promote Princess Zhaohua and the Royal King, so he smiled and said:

"This official thanks the Princess for your kindness, and gladly accepts your invitation."

Murong Yu retracted his gaze.
His eyes slanted slightly towards Murong Ci, icy and shockingly,

"This King appreciates the Princess' goodwill."
Afterwards, he strode forward and left.

The violent wind swept the back of his black hair, making them fly up widely.
A chill radiated from his beautiful majestic shoulders, making things feel hairy.

Murong Chang watched him leave, watched him sit on the carriage and leave.
Her eyebrows were pressed low, and her pink lips were pressed high, with anger rolling up in her body.

"Your Royal Highness, are you still going..."
Shen Zhiyan asked in a low voice.

"Shut up."
Murong Ci lowered her voice and cast a roll of eyes, and then said,

"Princess Sister, it's going to rain soon, so I might as well go to the Jinghong Hall another day.
The Regent...maybe there were many memorials and government affairs waiting for him to handle them and for him to make decisions today."

"This Princess will leave first!"
Murong Chang hurried forward, choking with her voice.

Murong Ci understood that although Murong Yu's indifference and refusal made her very angry, the saddest thing was the most profound thing.

Shen Zhiyan pretended to sigh:

"Flowers are deliberate, and Water is ruthless."

※※(N.B.) it's a proverb, meaning
"Flowers(Women in love, alias Murong Chang) are too obvious, in their intentions of seeking for Water(The man they love, alias Murong Yu), and on the other hand, Water(The loved man, alias Murong Yu) is ruthlessly shaking them away refusing them."
※※

Murong Ci glared at him, then sat on her carriage and returned to the Eastern Palace.

Shen Zhiyan walked with her and asked,

"Your Royal Highness, Tang Cang Tian should be beheaded, right?
Where is Concubine Rong?
Will your Majesty..."

She closed her eyes to rest.

"This Prince doesn't know it either."

'Concubine Rong is the daughter of Duke Rong Guo of the Rong Clan, and the power of the Rong Clan in the dynasty cannot be underestimated.
It is hard to say whether the Emperor Father will have any scruples...
However, one thing is for sure:

Whether Concubine Rong were alive or dead, she will never be in the harem again...'

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 66 PART 1
.....................to be continued