Chapter 24 Part 3 - "The Entrance to Hell"

....

Qin Ruo noticed that His Highness was immersed in thoughts and asked:

"Your Royal Highness, where does this hair come from?"
His Royal Highness has been staring at the tiny hair with curiosity.

"Naturally, it was the result of two hours of hard work of this Prince and Master Shen last night."

Qin Ruo speculated astutely,
"Your Royal Highness, was this hair found on the body?"

"Qin Ruo, accompany this Prince to the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard."
Murong Ci put the hair away, and ordered Ruyi to put it away.
Then she walked outside.

Qin Ruo hurriedly followed and persuaded:

"The place in the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard is filthy and dirty.
It's not a suitable place to go for the daughter of His Majesty!
So I beg Your Highness, just don't go!
This servant will go instead."

Murong Ci raised her slender eyebrows,

"I have been to the mass grave already.
Is there any place I can't go to in this Palace?"

Shen Zhiyan said that

'when investigating murders, you must do it yourself, trusting only your own eyes, because even at the same murder scene, everyone sees them differently, and some are even different.
If you can see what others haven't found, then that is often the key to solving a murder case'.

Normally when walking around in the Palace, if the place was far away, the Crown Prince would have to sit on a carriage and be escorted.
However, she liked to walk on her own!
Being carried by others, will often make people become lazier and lazier, and they will lose the joy of hiking.
As the Prince, she liked to do it by herself.

Spring Wuyuan Courtyard was a large courtyard with a lot of simple houses compared with the magnificence and majesty of other Palaces: the difference was that of heaven and hell.

Murong Ci stood in front of the entrance of the Spring Wuyuan Courtyard.
She stood on one foot looking at the heavy mottled door with the vermilion paint falling off.

Qin Ruo's voice was faint,

"Stepping into this threshold is like entering another world, from Heaven to Hell, from light to darkness."

Murong Ci strode in, and the summer wind blew her face, mixed with pungent musty and decayed smell, so strong that it enveloped people and made them almost suffocate.

Qin Ruo waved vigorously with her sleeves, but she couldn't get rid of the smell at all, as the air there was so dirty and dirty it couldn't be wiped off.

In desperation, she took out a piece of cloth and handed it to His Royal Highness, who asked her to cover up her nose and mouth.

"No need."
Murong Ci walked in slowly, facing a wide-open hall, but it looked like it was in decay for a long time, and there were mottled traces of wind and rain erosion and age corrosion, covered with spider webs.

However, this hall was a refuge for the people inside, a place where they would meet every day.
The corridor was full of people, who seemed to be taking the shade.

Those women, who were old or young, were wearing dirty and shabby clothes, and their faces were unkempt.
It was estimated that the mud on their faces could be rubbed off several times with several layers, hiding their original features.

Some people had pimples on their faces and hands; some people kept scratching their bodies which were covered with lice; some people patted cockroaches to death and put them in their mouth.
They felt sick from seeing this.

Qin Ruo felt that her stomach was turning upside down badly, and frowned,

"Your Royal Highness, it's better to go out first."

Murong Ci's face turned pale, and her internal organs turned overwhelmingly, as if an acid current was eager to rush out.
However, she restrained.

'It's really Hell in here.'

'People here can be said to no longer exist in this world.
They have no hope, no light, and no future.'

'They live with lice and flies all day long, can't eat hot food or wear warm clothes.
They're like walking dead; they only have darkness, only sickness, and endless despair.
They are forgotten by the world.'

'Even words are like humble luxury for them.
Their eyes are hollow, their faces are devastated, and their worn-out clothes are like shrouds, about to wrap them into the abyss of darkness.'

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 24 PART 3
.....................to be continued