Chapter 10 Part 1 - "The Gold-inlaid Wolf Jade"

....

Suddenly, there were a few loud noises over there, which were exceptionally thrilling in the outskirts of this dead midnight.
It was a bait.

Taking advantage of the white smoke billowing, the people in black hurriedly left, and disappeared in a flash.
When the smoke dissipated, the soldiers wanted to chase, but they didn't know which direction to pursue.
However, they seemed to have prepared well, divided into four teams, chasing from four directions.

At this time, Murong Yu led her to walk over.
Seeing the Regent's visit, the people who stayed behind were very respectful and reported:

"Master, they took all the corpses."

"It's okay, this King originally planned that way."

The torch burned, his face flashed with bright red light, and his features were deep and three-dimensional.
Those black eyes seemed to be smiling but not smiling at the same time, and they became more and more unpredictable.

Murong Ci was shocked, and blurted out,

"Why?"

He tilted his head and whispered in her ear:

"This King is only doing this for 'that woman'. The King believed that she would come to grab the body of her companions."

She felt ridiculous...
This iron-blooded and poisonous Regent is really obsessed, thinking about 'that woman' again and again.
However, the woman he wanted to see and arrest was clearly beside him.

'Is there anything more laughable and funny than this in the world?'

"Among those in black just now, did you see her?"

"No."
Murong Yu said firmly.

"So far, so dark, and wearing black clothes...Are you so sure?"

"This King remembers her figure clearly and will never mistake her."

Murong Ci couldn't stop the sneer at the corner of his lips.

'Why is it that men are always so arrogant?
If he remembered her figure, wouldn't he have suspected me long ago?'

After waiting for about half an hour, the four teams came back to report.
One of them chased the people in black to the Luohe Village, but in the end they took their bodies and left by boat.
A subordinate offered something and said,

"Master, this was picked up by the subordinate by the river."

Murong Yu took it, and it was a thin gold-inlaid jade piece with a relief of wolf head on it.
Murong Ci deliberately said:

"Wolf head relief...wolf...
In the early days of the founding of the Western Qin State, the wolf was the protector of the tribe."

He nodded,

"Wolves have always been the protector of the West Qin Kingdom.
In the West Qin Kingdom, the wolf has the supreme status.
From the monarch to the traffickers and pawns, the wolf is the protector."

"Didn't you say that the female assassin who was captured alive claimed to be a native of Eastern Chu?"

"It seems that this King was also deceived by her."
Murong Yu's black eyes narrowed gloomily, no wonder the spies searched for the Eastern Chu State for many days and found nothing.
It turned out that those female assassins, including the cold and charming woman, were from the Western Qin Dynasty.

A sneer slipped from the corner of Murong Ci's lips.

'First he searched the entire Eastern Chu Kingdom, and now he's gonna turn the Western Qin Kingdom upside down.
Mmph, your subordinates are also busy enough...'

The next day, she did not get up until midday.
During the meal, Qin Ruo came to report:

"Last night's actions were considered smooth, although most of our people were injured."

Murong Ci nodded,

"You guys did well yesterday.
These days, you can stay put and take a rest to heal your wounds."

"Yes, Your Highness."
Qin Ruo smiled lightly,

"This subordinate deliberately left the piece of gold inlaid with jade in accordance with His Highness' instructions."

"Actually, this Prince was there last night with Murong Yu, and witnessed the scene from a hidden spot."

"Huh?"
Qin Ruo and Ruyi were too surprised.
Their faces covered in circles.

'Didn't His Highness rest early last night? When did she go out? How come she went to the place where the bodies were robbed with the Regent?'

Murong Ci ate casually and didn't intend to explain herself.

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 10 PART 1
.....................to be continued