Chapter 19 Part 3 - "The White Hibiscus"

....

The carriage was already parked at the gate of Shuyuxuan Restaurant.
She was about to walk over, but saw a carriage with a very ordinary decoration outside slowly stopping.
The carriage seemed to belong to the Imperial Palace...
She immediately lowered her head and walked towards the carriage in three and two steps.

"Your Highness."
A deep voice pierced the bright sunlight.

Murong Ci had to stop, and saw Murong Yu walking towards her, dressed in golden sunlight.

After the rain, the sky was as bright as the sun, as azure blue as the ocean.
The clouds were long and white as if the cotton wool being pulled and rolled by the wind of early summer.

"The Regent manages everything every day, and yet he also has free time to spend at Shuyuxuan Restaurant?"
She raised her eyebrows coldly.

"This King was just passing by.
Seeing Your Royal Highness here, I had to come over and say hello."
Murong Yu said with a glorious look.

"At this hour, shouldn't the Regent be reviewing the papers at the Palace?"

"Your Royal Highness is meeting friends at Shuyuxuan Restaurant?"

Murong Ci directly ignored his question and said,
"It's getting late, and it's time for me to return to the Palace."

He watched her getting on the carriage.
His thin lips curled up with a pleasant curve.
When the carriage started moving, he jumped into the carriage, and the carriage shook slightly.

Murong Ci in the carriage felt the carriage shook, and then saw him stepping inside, and sitting on the left side grandiosely.
She raised her eyebrows, wishing to kick him down,

"Does the Regent find my carriage more comfortable?"

Murong Yu held the teapot on the low table and poured a cup of tea,

"Your Royal Highness' carriage is inlaid with gold and jade, and there is a faint fragrance besides the mere comfort.
This King is coming here for that fragrance."

Murong Ci's heart shuddered and her eyebrows jumped,

'Did he notice it?
Have I been found out?'

For a while, her back stiffened, and her fingers quietly clenched.
He sipped the tea leisurely, speechless for a moment.
The glance of her figure under the sun just now was extremely stunning.

Today, His Royal Highness was wearing a white gauze and no embroidered robe.
The pure white gauze under the sunshine was like a thousand mountains under falling snow, and it was thin and soft like white hibiscus.
The white porcelain face was transparent and beautiful.
With a slight peach blossom color, it was so delicate and beautiful that it was breathtaking.

At this moment, it seemed that she was sitting there quietly, thoughtful, like a building made of snow.

Occasionally, the wind came in from outside the window, flashing past her long and dark eyelashes, adding a bit of beauty.
Why did he feel more and more that His Highness was too soft.

Murong Ci knew that he was looking at her, and Murong Yu also knew that she was looking at him.

"That song, what does Your Highness think about it?"
He said softly.

"The two things that happened already are the first two things in the ballad.
I wonder if the Regent has any ideas?"
She knew that he was testing her and kicked the ball back to him.

"It seems that we both think came to the same conclusion."
He narrowed his eyes,

"It can be concluded that that ballad is a notice directed at the Palace."

"The Regent, can you find the source of the ballad?"

"Those who are interested in spreading the ballad will definitely struggle not to be found out."

"In other words, we are at a passive disadvantage, and we don't know their real intentions."

"If you don't find it now, it doesn't mean you can't find them at all.
This king will order someone to investigate this matter.
Please pay attention to safety when Your Highness is out, and bring a few more people along."
Murong Yu looked at her, seemingly concerned.

Murong Ci said indifferently:

"Next time I will bring a few guards."

Because he also wanted to enter the Palace, he travelled along the way.
She was on pins and needles and wanted to drive him out of the carriage, but it was difficult to do it.

....

Suddenly, a loud shout came from outside:

"Something happened... Something happened at the Luo River...
There's a dead corpse..."

Murong Yu looked out of the carriage window, and many people trot forward.
He raised his voice:

"Head to the Luo River and check."

Murong Ci frowned.

'The Luo River...
Could it be...the fish cannibalism?'

There were many people on the street, and the carriage moved slowly, so they decided to simply jump out of the carriage.
He held her slender wrist and hurried forward,

"Your Highness, stay close and don't get lost."

She tried to shake her hand away, but he squeezed it tightly, and tried several times without breaking free.

'Is he deliberately doing this, or does he simply not want to be separated by the crowd?
However, isn't it weird and absurd for two grownup men to rush in the street holding hands like this?'

....

The Luo River was the main river of Luoyang City.
It passed through the southern part of the city.
The scenery on both sides of the river was beautiful, with weeping willows, painted boats and many shops.
It was a tourist attraction for scribes, tourists and ordinary people.

Under the willows by the river, many people gathered in a circle and were talking and yelling a lot.

The four government officials from Jingzhao Mansion had arrived to protect the scene and the body in the circle.

"Go back, go back.
There's nothing to see here!"
A government official shouted loudly,

"We'll manage things, so don't get too close!"

The officer saw a swaying man squeezing in and scolded him.

"I said don't squeeze in! Why are you..."

Murong Yu pulled Murong Ci and squeezed in.
His face was covered with a thin layer of frost, and his eyes were sharp.

Seeing his magnificence, the official did not retreat but moved forward.
He immediately stopped him and said fiercely,

"You! Did you not hear what I just said?"

....

------------
END of CHAPTER 19 PART 3
.....................to be continued