Ch 32. The most precious love

Present

Wei Ying POV

As I fall to the ground, I must admit it. I was not expecting this. Jin Zixuan gives me his hand and helps me to stand up.

"You ok?" he asks.

"Yeah", but I wince in pain and stumble. He grins, and we go back to face our opponent. It seems that he wanted to enter this place.

30 minutes ago.

We arrived at the orphanage where I learned to cook. Then, as we planned, Lan Zhan went to talk to Meng Yao and Sizhui to protect Jin Ling and Yangli.

"I didn't expect her to come here," I said.

Jin Zixuan sighed. "She wanted to see you all."

"It is dangerous", I retort.

He kept walking, directing me to the security room to oversee the cameras and open the door. "Jiang Cheng's token to enter the vault was stolen. Even in pain, they won't let the matter go or let me take all the responsibility."

I scan the panel, the third camera on the left shows Jiang Fengmian patrolling the backyard.

"Chengquin", I mutter.

"Possibly," he said while opening the computer, "but we have many things stored in the vault, including ancient swords and sacred relics. They could just want to get money from things that are well paid in the black market". He puts his arm on my shoulder. "Don't worry."

He pauses. "Also, not all of them are my men. Huaisang sent some people too".

I breathe deeply. If we are going to continue, he must be aware. "You should know something. Mo Xuanyu is in custody right now."

"What? Why?" he asks.

"He is hiding something about the case" I pause. First, he said that the visit to the garage was the first time he had seen Xue Yang. Then, in the precinct, he said the two have a past. So how is it that two people that have never seen the face of the other have a history? Also, there is the issue of the envelope. Why is it that he didn't send it by mail? I sigh. I do not want to involve Jin Zixuan. He deserves a happy and peaceful life with my shijie. So I go in a different direction to reduce the tension ", and he is trying very hard to hit on my husband, so I need to keep an eye on him, plus officer Jingyi is taking care of him".

He laughs at me and asks, "shouldn't we check the cameras and alarms?"

I nod. After 20 minutes, we have tried every possible blind spot and have people in different locations. Yet, I feel like I have forgotten something.

Then, we hear a loud crash, and the lights are off. Yeah, I forgot something. Our opponent is not an ordinary man. His cellphone rings, "They crashed an SUV into the lamppost. The electricity is out".

Hello, security cameras. Goodbye, security cameras.

"Don't worry. We still have a magic protection array outside?" Jin Zixuan says while cutting his hand and letting the spilt blood print fall in the drawings of the floor. The intricacies of the array let me flabbergast. Some might say it is a lost art.

I look at this guy in front of me. I am an idiot. Of course, there is a reason why they hid Chengquin here. The cause has been staring into my face for so many years, and I didn't consider it plausible.

After all, he courted and then proposed to Jiang Yanli. He took the initiative to protect his brothers and sisters from his reckless father. He was a caring and patient boyfriend, groom, and husband. Also, he accepted us, Lan Zhan and me, as his son's godparents.

A colossal thud sent Jin Zixuan to the floor. The magic array is broken. I helped him to stand up again. Still, with a headache, he gave a new order "Security personnel must retreat to the house. The safety of the personnel, the kids, my wife, and son are a priority". He signals me to come with him to the vault room. Lan Zhan is already there.

"Where is Meng Yao?" I ask.

"With Sizhui and the others," he says.

Our conversation is cut short as a dense mist covers the floor. "Sleeping gas", I mutter before I stumble. Lan Zhan helped me to stand back.

We hear some thuds outside. The guards are out. Jin Zixuan opens the vault door and signals us to enter. "Something here must be of good use". Seeing that Suihua and Sandu are together here makes my heart skip a beat, yet they will be of no help right now. He wraps his head with a white cloth while Lan Zhan holds a fan, and I try to burn the gas using my flame talismans.

The doors are open, and to say that the man in front of us isn't stunned to see us still conscious is lying. We now engage in combat.

Three against one. It is not fair, but he entered here anyway. Also, we are a little affected by the gas.

I charge, but he eludes my blow and takes off his two swords. I retreated but fell to the ground.

back to now

Jin Zixuan grabs Suihua, and the dance starts. He hands the opponent with grace and expertise. Left, right, left, he dodges each attack. Yet, this guy is taller, and Jin Zixuan loses his balance before being stabbed. However, Lan Zhan has already taken charge of the enemy. To do that, he summoned something I had not expected to see: Bichen!

According to Sanren, the sword was thrown into the lake after dying. To have it with his means... that he recovered his memories just before I fell into a comma. The pain in my chest will tear me apart later. I must protect my husband.

I draw seven chain talismans to restrain the attacker. I succeeded, and the man fell to the ground.

We go to him.

"So, tell us, Song Lan, what do you want?" Lan Zhan asks

"Please save him", Song Lan weeps.

That is all for today.

Happy birthday Lan Zhan