Ch 37. Presents

Wei Ying POV

Past

"Ok. Let's recheck this list. First firecrackers" I look at Lan Zhan carrying the small red paper cylinders. check

"Drums," Jiang Cheng coughs, and he looks at his husband-to-be, who is carrying the gongs. 

"Lanterns and banners" We all look inside the store where Wen Ning is haggling with the vendor. Check

"I got the envelopes to fill them with money," says Jin Zixuan, and Meng Yao nods. "The only thing left is to interview the entertainment."

"We got that covered. Mingjue must be interviewing the last group. He is probably already waiting for us with the remaining candidate," says Xichen. "Phew. I can't believe that we have two more weeks."

"We still have to do the wedding photos" I nod—the photos. I can't believe Qiren let us use the waterfall. It is an area they barely open to the public. 

I smile at the thought of us finally married. This time I feel so at ease about this. 

We keep walking until we arrive at Mingjue's house. The big wooden door of the old house reminds me of the first time I came here to pick him up to get him at his photoshoot. We knock at the door, and Huaisang greets us. "He is inside. please come in."

It has been a while. 

"My brother is thrilled to become the best man at your wedding. I would say that I feel a bit envious, but I am happy anyway. It also gets him occupied."

"How was the filming going," asks Jiang Cheng

"It ended three weeks ago, and he is working on a recent music project. Fans' emails and endorsements are getting us very occupied. So I have started managing the company and its accounts. You can't believe how crazy are some of his fans. We got three ladies trying to sneak inside the house a few days ago."

He sighs. "I think it is better to move on to a different house with tighter security, but this house has been part of the family for generations, and brother is pretty attached to traditions."

Then Mingjue enters and says, "Hey, are you ready for the night of your lives?"

Everybody smiles.

I open my eyes to find myself in Lan Zhan's lap while his hand is caressing my back. He is holding his brother's hand, who is crying loudly. Meanwhile, Wen Ning is singing karaoke along with Jiang Cheng and Nie Mingjue.

Huaisang and Meng Yao are already sleeping.

At the sound of "we are the champions," Xichen starts weeping, and I look at Lan Zhan a bit puzzled. He shrugs. "You passed out about three hours ago."

"I think I remember we were at a bar," I say

"Mmm" 

"Then why is everyone wearing bathrobes?" I ask 

"Jiang Cheng said he was stressed, so we decided to go to a spa." 

I look at the window. "And why is it that we are in the mountains?"

"Huaisang and Mingjue invited us to a new hotel that they were building"

" This hotel allows having karaoke machines inside their spa area?" 

I say while pointing at Jin Zixuan, who is enjoying himself in a steaming bathtub full of bubbles which he listens and counters, "this is a treat that only their most prestigious guests can have"