Ch 13. I will wait for you

Past

Wei Ying POV

He continues

"When?" I ask

"During my sister's engagement party. I got drunk because I confessed to the girl I liked a little before, but she rejected me because she wanted to focus on her studies and said she had no time for love. I was hurt, so I decided to cure my soul with alcohol".

Jiang Cheng continued, "Then, Xichen sat next to me, and we continued to talk about our heart problems. He was also rejected recently, and we talked about how difficult it was to find love, to feel corresponded, and so on. After that, everything went dark. When I woke up, I was in his arms, half-naked".

"Have you guys talked about this?" I ask

"Not much; he doesn't remember either. He says that he might have more marks if I did it to him. But, in my mind, when I go to sleep, I remember having him. He looks different, has longer hair, and is a bit older, but it is him".

Jiang Cheng crouches on his knees. I remember that those two were always together in our past life, and when Lan Xichen died, Jiang Cheng followed him soon after. It all makes sense. I drink the wine and muse "Idiot" I look at him and see he is confused. I sigh and say

"I have to confess that it was Lan Zhan and me, the ones that carried you to a room during the party since both of you were drunk. We didn't think that you might have a whirlwind romance, though. It is probably true that you didn't do it that night. However, you want him, and I guess he might have feelings for you. It is up to you to decide next".

We drink the rest of the bottle and return to the base afterwards. It seems that almost everyone is sleeping. Lan Xichen is still next to the fire pocking the soil with a stick. As we approach, he grins, and Jiang Cheng goes to sit next to him. Finally, I go to my tent.

Lan Zhan is already dreaming when I enter our tent. This is is our first time sleeping together since I got my memories back. First, I take off my shoes and change my clothes above his sleeping body. Then, I lay next to him, hugged him, and closed my eyes. It might be the alcohol or the recent confession that I just heard, but the burden in my chest is hefty.

"Lan Zhan, are you asleep?"

No answer

"I have to confess something. I love you, Lan Zhan, I will always love you, and I will stay with you no matter how it is. As your brother, friend, lover, or husband, I will make everything in my reach to make you happy. This confession can wait, so then, I will wait for you. I love you".

I kiss his cheek, play with his hair and close my eyes.

Past

Lan Zhan POV

He loves me. Wei Ying loves me.

I smile, and I return to dreamland, where a man who looks like me says, "You can try, now, to see if I would reject you over anything" to a young man who feels like Wei Ying, but somehow, looks different...