Ch 46 Wangji

Trigger warning mature content ahead. 

There are descriptions of sex and violence. I usually will put warnings in each paragraph, but it doesn't work that well in this case.

Lan Zhan POV

Past

Being inside Wei Ying is bliss. I would instead not pull out, but since he was hiding with Wen Qing and Ah-Yuan, we haven't slept together until these last couple of days. Three hundred and ninety-nine days without Wei Ying, the thought makes me increase the pace. I might be rough now, but we both came and saw stars. After the delicious fog of our orgasms cleared, I left his body, searing his back with ardent kisses. He purrs, and I can't help but smile. I won't let you escape again, Wei Ying. Wherever you go, I will follow. We cuddle into sleep until the following day. 

We are expected in Caiyi town today so that Qing and Sanren can testify. The room has no decoration, just a wooden chair, a table and a microphone. Uncle and Wen Ning got water and candies for them. This event was going to be bitter. Wen Qing has been answering questions for quite a while when she starts to clench her fists.

"Wen Chao used the company's archives to get pictures of the girls and send the photos to men desperate to get a bride. Well, more than a bride, a sex toy. If the client was impatient, the girl was just kidnapped after leaving the premises of the factories. In other cases, he used handsome local minions that seduced the girls. Ashamed, they became pliant to their whims and accepted to join the prostitution ring willingly. Many were drugged and used and then discarded. 

Exhibit A that I provided contains the files of the trafficked girls. The name of the clients and the sums paid.

Exhibit B contains the maps of the traffic routes and the drivers' names.

Exhibit C contains the names of the truck drivers and frontier officers involved."

Wei Ying's hand is pressed against mine. I squeeze him back. The pain they have gone through together is something he didn't let me participate in.

Without looking back, I said, "I would have gone with you or taken your place without hesitation," 

"I know", he answers.

Ten minutes later, it is Sanren's turn. Afterwards, it is my turn. The last person to be cross-examined is Wei Ying. I still my body. There he goes.

"Before my presentation, I was introduced to Wen Chao. I didn't particularly appreciate how he touched the waitress attending his table. I felt that he and his friends were inspecting a rabbit and seeing if it was plump enough to be eaten. In any case, I went there and started chatting about the show that I had prepared, giving the lady a queue to run away, which she did. Yet Wen Chao noticed and looked very irritated. So I left and went to sing. Miss Qing and I have already identified the people at the table as part of the prostitution ring. The drugs in my system had the same composition as those used to break the mind of several victims of the ring that Mr Wen managed".

"The way they did it is a bit sneaky. As usual, after two songs, I drank some water. Kenny, the henchman responsible for Wen Lee's murder, was the person handling the beverages. Regarding what happened to me that day, the medical exams exhibit that my condition was serious had the doctors not intervened. Also, the testimony provided by Wang Lingjiao indicated that they planned that after they used me to enter my uncle's office, they would have faked a tragic suicide because I was a heartbroken gay teen."

The session ends shortly after. As soon as Wei Ying leaves, I hug him. I don't say anything. He doesn't say either. Love heals, but the scars of the past sometimes remain. Yet, we carry on because, as you said once, they prove that I stood on my beliefs and protected someone. I pat his back, and we end the embrace.