Ch 17. Scary stories told in the dark P2

Xichen POV

Present

I have come to think if I ever did something so wrong to menace my life all this day. There is only one thing that I regret doing. That must be it. Going home is something I have loved to do for many years. Seeing him, kissing him, making love to him is what I want the most. However, today, I do not want to go home. So please, Ah-Cheng, stay with me after knowing what I did.

As I enter, he greets me with dreamy eyes. "Hey, you arrived earlier. Are you so eager to start our movie night?". I smile and say, "yeah, did you select one?"

He smiles and says, "Sure, put yourself comfortable, and I will bring the pizza and sodas".

I go to our room, change into sweatpants and a plain t-shirt, and sit on the couch. Ah- Cheng comes with the pizza and says- And how was your day?

It was ok, but I have to tell you something.

"Sure, but first, let me turn on the DVD. We can talk while watching"

"It is serious."

"This is too. Ah-Cheng says it with a dark face and starts the movie. Do- Care to explain this?"

The footage of me handing Wangji to a man in black and being later hit in the head, losing consciousness.

I just yelled, "When?"

"It arrived this afternoon with the pizza. So all this time, it was you? It was your family treasure. You were supposed to protect it, but you abandoned your responsibilities and your family for what?". He was livid "do you remember how your uncle reacted? He blamed Lan Zhan for that, and you said nothing. So he is your brother, why did you let him mistreat your brother?".

"I did tell them later, but not when you were present".

Jiang Cheng's face froze.

"Why? What are you hiding? After all, this fucking time, do you have secrets with me? We have been married for 13 years, for God's sake!!"

"I thought it might hurt you".

He looks at me, enraged.

I stood up and went to him and tried to embrace him, but he didn't let me come close. I looked into his eyes- After Nie Mingjue disappeared for several days, I received a message saying that if I handed them Wangji, they would tell me how to save him. They sent an address and said to come alone without telling anyone. I did as told and got what you see and no clues of my friend. They say, laughing that he was already dead and that the police should stop looking for him or they will desecrate his body.

"It hurts indeed" Jiang Cheng storms out of the apartment. "You have no idea how much it hurts". He says while closing the door.

I stay there for a moment. Then, after 3 minutes, I went out to find my husband. He is sitting outside of the building on a bench facing the street.

"Honey, let's talk for a moment. I need you to understand that I was only trying to save an innocent life at that moment. Please speak to me".

He doesn't, and that's the moment I see the blood quenching his shirt. This is not possible.

"Honey?"

I kneel. My husband's pulse is weak; he has already fainted. I dial the phone. My hand is trembling.

"911. How can we help?"

"My husband has been attacked. Please send help. My address is Magnolia street, number 24. I can't lose him. Please come soon".

"Please forgive me, Ah- Cheng".

"Then I feel a sharp pain in my chest, and I fall".

Wei Ying POV

I don't think we had slept much when the phone rang, as my husband is in dreamland. So I pick up the phone and see the name Qiren.

"Hi!! Lan Zhan is not available. Is everything ok?"

"No. someone attacked Xichen and Cheng. They are in critical condition. You two need to come to the hospital".

"What in the world".