Epilogue p1 The chaos master

12 months later

In another place.

Opening your eyes is sometimes very painful, especially when you realize you are inside a coffin. "Cool. In an hour, I will run out of oxygen". I took a deep breath and concentrated on the sensations in my body. A little more load in the right palm, Breathe. 

One, I already feel my strength return. 

Two. Nie Huaisang it is your fault. It would help if you had come with me, but no, you need to strengthen an empire. 

Three. I hope this works. I hit the coffin lid with the outside, and it goes flying into the air. Fortunately, the depth of the tomb was shallow.

Why do people always want to kill a soul as sweet and tender as mine in all the worlds and times? Is it because I'm gay? Or is it because of my unparalleled talent? Probably for the second.

As I got out of the coffin and walked around the area, the forest was extremely dense, but as I stumbled and walked, I got used to the surroundings. After all, I, Mo Xuanyu, have already been here for ten months.

Memories of the day I found the last of Wen Ruohan's secret places come to mind. It turns out some of his antiques were truly magical. But what they do is incorrect.

For example, the water from the vial of youth does not rejuvenate you. It only makes you immortal, which is why I am still breathing after the last assassination attempt. Also, the book of wisdom does not make you better at martial arts, magic or math tests. Instead, it brought me to this strange world where peace depends on two idiots saying yes at the altar.

Soon I arrived at the first town on the outskirts of the forest. The houses are all wood and stone, and the dusty streets look desolate. Only a tiny tavern had a light on. It probably has a room or two where I can rest.

No matter what world I'm in, it's best to be careful, so before I go in, I look out the window at the conversation. The old tavern keeper served a hot drink to the five newly arrived soldiers, who took off their winter coats before approaching the stove.

"And tell me, friend Chang, how are things in the south?" asks the innkeeper.

"How would you expect them to be after that happy wedding between the dragon Tianjie and the witch Zhang was ruined? There were continuous fights, and many fled to the mountains in fear. It's terrible, Wang. Just terrible," Chang replied, sighing and approaching the stove.

"But does anyone know how his godfather died?" Wang, the innkeeper, asked.

Chang replied, "The sorcerer Xuanyu was killed by the Oracle. Or at least that is what the king of the dragons says, who asks for the heads of the Maid, the Mother and the Crone. If they don't surrender, he has promised to destroy the city of Witches within two days."

"But what do they say?" asked the older man.

Chang replied, "Only the Maid, the one with the prophetic gift, has spoken. She said everything would be revealed before the dawn of the third day. Which is in ten hours". 

He sighed and continued, "Damn. I thought that everything was going to improve with this wedding. I even thought about retiring".

Wang poured another round of drinks for the soldiers when suddenly repeated knocks were heard on the door, and all the soldiers drew their swords. The villagers wouldn't risk going out at this hour for a drink. After a short silence, a voice was heard again. 

"Old Wang, are you here? It's me, Liu. Please, he opens the door. It's starting to snow, I hurt my knee, and I'm back from patrol soon". 

The voice was a bit muffled, but everyone lowered their arms, recognizing who was speaking, and Wang opened the door. At that moment, a gust of wind came in, and the lights went out. Chang hurriedly lit them, and as Wang poured Liu a drink, Liu walked up to him and stumbled, being saved from hitting the ground by the old barkeep. Liu murmurs in whispers and gets close to the older man's ear.