Ch 1. Escape

Present

Wei Ying POV

I can almost hear a voice, his voice, calling me, asking me to come back, but I can't. I am falling into a deep slumber, and I cannot do anything, but be assured, Lan Zhan, I will be back soon.

I open my eyes, and the room's light is too high; I wince, it hurts, my body hurts, but I am awake now. I can't recognize the place, but it is clear it is a hospital. I was so severely hurt that they couldn't just take me home.

How long has it been, and what happened?

There is no one around to answer. I try to get up, but it is impossible; a tube is in my mouth, and I have an intravenous drip. There is a mirror in the room; I try to flex my body until I see myself. Well, I am still handsome and young. So, it hasn't been that long.

I might be better sleeping until someone comes. I hear some footsteps. I opened my eyes and saw a woman arranging the room's cushions. I took off the tube connected to my mouth and spoke.

"Hey there, pretty lady, what are you doing?"

She jumps and turns around.

"My god! You are awake!" She says, smiling radiantly. "I must inform my superiors that you are conscious now" and runs away.

She said superiors, not doctors. And then, I realized where I was. Shit, I have to go now. I tried to get up and took the vial out, but it hurt, and I fell from the bed. Everyone outside might have just heard the noise. So, security will be alert.

Before I sneak out of the aisle, I hear footsteps, so I hide behind a door, but then I feel it, coiled in my heel, a whip.

"I surrender to you, Madam Yu. Please do not hurt me."

I turn around, and she is there. She doesn't smile, but her eyes are like lightning bolts. Despite the menacing glare, I am thrilled to see her.

"Please don't hurt me, or I will expose my naked ass, and I am too old to be seen by you."

"You are an insufferable brat, Wei Ying- She says and recoils the whip" she then turns around, saying, "Follow me."

And I do.

The dim light in the corridor hides most of the stuff, but I can distinguish the Jiang family's art collection. Its story. My story. Is it possible that I am not the only one that remembers? I prefer that she is oblivious about it. I want her to be happy this time.

She leads me to a room where an older man is reading documents.

"Hi son, you dodged a big one this time. However, you recovered so slowly that I wasn't sure you would survive".

"Uncle Qiren, is LanZhan ok?" He fumbles and crosses his arms. "He is, but we aren't on good terms, and I haven't informed him that you are awake yet."

"Good," I say.

He looks at me, startled.

I raise my shoulders and lower my head, saying, "I do not want to make him suffer" Truth be told, I am ashamed for all the trouble that I have caused him, and I am still unable to face him.

"Master!!" an excited, very familiar voice yells. I know that voice, here and then, "Wen Ning, it is so good to see you! You are out of confinement finally!"

" I have been for quite a while. You don't know?"

"What?" I say, puzzled.

Lan Qiren raises and comes to my side, "You fell in a coma ten years ago. Many things have changed".

I sit in the closest chair to me. My head hurts.

"Where is A-Yuan?"

They all look at the floor.

"Tell me what happened to Wen Qing; where is she? Have they reached to my wife?"

---------

----

this is my first fanfic. I hope someone likes this. I love this novel. It will also be a nonlinear time structure since it might get angsty soon.