Ch 18. Get the guy

Lan Zhan POV

Past

Wei Ying said he loves me, yet he had spent most of the last two months in the company of my brother and uncle. I am not sure what is going on in his mind. Xichen told me that since Meng Yao is busy in an internship, Wei Ying works for his friend, the male model, as his assistant. Uncle said that Wei Ying had asked him to train him to enter the police force after graduating, contrary to his expectations.

My love has gone crazy. Yes, I also love him, but it isn't straightforward. Since I have memory, I remember dreaming about Wei Ying and a similar boy, but it is also Wei Ying. I love them both in those dreams and call them Wei Ying, but who is the real and the fake? It isn't evident. After my parents died, those dreams became worst, and I started dreaming that one of those boys had died horribly. I thought that I had those nightmares because my parents left us alone. So I wanted to die too until he came home.

Wei Ying changed everything.

The day he came home, I promised myself that I would be the best brother ever. I will never let him leave my side. However, six months ago, he started to change. His eyes are different. Wei Ying, don't you know that I will support whatever you do unless you abandon me.

It took me time to accept that we could not sleep together in the same bed again. I want to hold Wei Ying in my arms so much that I do not think we can be brothers anymore. I felt sad that I couldn't speak about this, but would you still accept me if you knew? Or would you think I am a creep? Maybe the last punishment that our uncle gave us broke his spirit, or perhaps he was just tired of our routine.

We had tried new things like our music classes, we went camping, and now Wei Ying has started to work, and he is changing his style. Since he started working for Nie Mingjue, his beauty has grown. He was handsome before, but he puts extra care in his attire and beauty routines. He began to pay a membership in a gym to train, and he hasn't caused more ruckus in classes. He is so proud of Wei Ying that he has already adopted him as his son.

Maybe Wei Ying has been possessed by the ghost of an older man.

Despite all these, we kept our playtime together and our time to watch tv. We talked long for those few hours, but it felt strange. I felt so frustrated that when Wei Ying invited me to go out, just the two of us, I spent the trip grinning happily. When we stepped down from the car, I recognized the place immediately. This place was one of the restaurants hosted by the Jiang family.

"Why are we here?"

"Because I rented the place to have a birthday party just for the two of us. I have promised the world to madam Yu to get the place for a few hours. Now, let's go".

A birthday party. I am so stupid. As I enter, the decorations are displayed. "Happy birthday, Lan Zhan," says Wei Ying.

I think I hate myself a little, just for a second. Then I felt overwhelmed by happiness.

"Wei Ying, thank you," I said sincerely, but he only smiled.

"Now let's enjoy this event," Wei Ying says, and we sit in our place. We have dinner and a cake, we dance on the stage and then Wei states, "you know I have been practising a song in secret, so I want you to hear it. So please sit down; I want you to listen to it all and give me your thoughts afterwards.

He goes to the small stage and starts playing a black flute. The melody is so sad and beautiful, yet all I can think is that I have heard this song before, but when? I wish I could remember, but the lingering feelings of sadness, love, and yearning are clear to anyone who listens. Wei Ying, is that how you feel?

After the music ends, Wei Ying comes rushing to me. "Lan Zhan, are you ok?"

"Yeah, I am" Then, I realized I had tears on my cheeks. When did I start crying?

"Wei Ying, there is something I want to tell you. I hold his hands in mine and look into his eyes -Since you came into my life, everything is better, please, let me repay the happiness and joy you have to give me all these years with my love. I love you, Wei Ying. I think I have loved you even before we met".

He interrupts my blabbering by kissing me. he also has tears in his eyes

"I love you too".

We started to dance slowly, now as a couple.

Present

I hear his voice calling me. I am still dizzy, but I hear him saying, "Lan Zhan, wake up, please, we need to go to the hospital. Xichen needs us".

As he informs me of the situation, I start dressing, and we go out. Please, brother, be safe.