Ch 48 The Grandmaster's returns

Lan Zhan POV

Present

The orange and red hues of the sunset fill the rear mirror. The leaves of the trees shiver, and some fall free of bounds with no real direction. I watch the spectacle as I caress my husband's rose cheek slightly with my right hand while holding his body with my left. I glance at him, his eyes are shut, but his smile never fades.

I would kiss him right here, but there are too many eyes around, and the people on the radio in the police car are listening to everything with attention. So we divided the group into two cars. The two kids are with us, and Wen Ning and uncle are in the second, along with two officers. 

It is getting cold, so I tighten my embrace. Wei's body shivers a little, and I look at the window half-open. The wind favours the brave, and the small paper man talisman returns through the window and falls directly on my face. More specifically, on my lips. Our spirits entwined. I gasp.

Shameless and clever, Wei Ying, I love you. 

I recover my breath as the paper man land on Wei Ying's lap, and he opens his eyes. 
"Two men on the outside are guarding the entrance. On the rooftop, another two are watching the streets and buildings nearby. They have two machine guns."
The goons in the repair shop were mercenaries. They didn't have information about the headquarters. So our first task was to verify it, and it seems that Song Lang's intel was correct. 

"Inside, they are packing everything. It seems to be a drug lab. They might know that we have Song Lang," says Wei Ying. But, he continued, "We don't have much time before they leave".

We have the people in this car and a second patrol; there is no time to get SWAT. I clutch my fists and hug him from his waist. "Wei Ying". 

He interrupts me, "It is alright. It will be a mission for the Yiling Laozu and Hanguang-Jun. 
Are we ready?"

"Mn," I said.

Qiren's voice is heard from the radio "We will take the front door. You guys get the ones above. The kids stay in the car. Be careful." Lan Jingyi is ready to protest, but Sizhui shakes his head, forbidding the younger to speak against it.

The first ones to fall are the two on the top of the building. Bichen is quick to destroy the gunshots before they can get around the idea of a flying sword. Wei Ying restrains them using some paper talismans. Finally, we look below to see Wen Ning take care of the two men outside the building. However, the fight is too loud, and the guys inside are fully alert. 

A protective barrier activates when we try to enter. Its intricate design shows that these guys were prepared for magic users too. However, it all depends on cultivation levels to break it. As I am about to use my power to break it, Wei Ying takes my hand in his and says. "I will do it. Otherwise, you won't be able to fight soon". I try to get free as if I will let you do it. I growl, "Wei Ying let go".

The barrier shatters into a million pieces, and we look at each other. Qiren's voice is on the radio. He yells, "Get them soon. Agh". Then, the sound of something falling to the ground is heard. So, he broke the barrier for us. We didn't waste another second and broke the door. Six men were already inside the truck and four in different warehouse places.

Bichen flies into the air to destroy the remaining gunshots. At the same time, dark currents surge from the ground and collide with Wei Ying's body. All the resentment in this place is enough to charge him like a red and black lantern. He commands the dancing flows as we descend, each one directed at a different goon, pushing them to the wall. 

Wen Ning and two more officers enter through the main door and start to fire at the truck. Unfortunately, the two the conductor and co-pilot got shot and fell. However, before taking down all the people in the car, one uses a dead body as a shield and can start the engine. He doesn't care about the consequences and heads right to the front door, breaking it. Wei Ying, Wen Ning and I rush outside.