Ch 31. Important facts of life

Lan Zhan POV

Past

"It is a fact of life that perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild," says aunt Rui to me and Wei Ying when we go to visit Jiang Yanli and her baby. So true, Madam Yu has never been this dotting to her children, but when it comes to the tiny ball known as Jin Ling.

To say that the parents are delighted is an understatement. Jin Zixuan grins all the time. Jiang Fengmian has invited everyone to celebrate. Jiang Cheng says to everyone that the baby looks a lot like him, my brother hugs his partner, and even Madam Jin mingles with us without his usual distant facade and Wei Ying. Wei Ying has left the room and silently cries after seeing the baby and holding him for a few minutes. I go to him and hold his hand.

"He is so perfect, so beautiful, Lan Zhan, look at him, isn't he the most precious baby in the world?"

"Mn", I hug him, and after a moment, he mutters, "I have met baby Jin Ling, and he is happy and healthy".

"Mn"

"I will make sure that he stays that way," He says.

"Sure, you will, since you two are going to be his godparents," says a feminine voice from behind.

"What?" we both said at the same time.

Yu Ziyuan drags us back to the room where the family and the baby are. Jiang Cheng rolls his eyes and says, "Don't bother to dissuade her. It was already decided. After all, our families will be united by marriage anyway".

Jin Zixuan elbows him and says, "We would like to entrust our son to both of you" Jiang Yanli smiles at us. Her smile is like a ray of sunshine that should be protected. We bow at them.

A few days later, while making dinner, I received a phone call from Yu Zixuan "Hello. Tomorrow, I must go to a control check with the baby with my daughter. However, I received a phone call from a friend, and he said he needed urgent assistance. So, could you go to visit the property of the map that I am sending to you?"

"ok"

"Great, please ask my son his flute."

I look at Wei Ying, and he chuckles, "Don't look at me. I have promised Wen Ning to help him during a surveillance task tomorrow, so you are alone at this". He approaches and plays with my lips and caresses my cheeks. "You will do it well without me; I will draw some talismans for you in case you need extra ammunition."

Jiang Cheng decided to accompany me instead of handing me the treasured tool. After picking him up, we start chatting, "So have you found a place to live?" asks my almost brother-in-law.

"Not yet, we want something in the centre of the city, but the prices are too high."

"Why don't you ask my mother for help? after all, she runs this Fengshui business. She might put a word and get you something" I shake my head. "Thank you, but not now."

For now, it is a thing that Wei Ying and I must figure out. I blurt out, "How is it?" he smiles and says, "Pretty much what I was imagining. We both hate ironing our clothes, but besides it, moving out together was worth the effort."

The location is a rundown temple. I look at him. "It might be dangerous", he grins and gets out of the car. Sometimes this guy is like my Wei Ying, like a long-lost brother or something.

We enter the property, but everything looks normal in the yard; however, the negative energy is overwhelming just by entering the main hall. Jiang Cheng takes the flute on his lips, and I draw a protection array around us. Jiang Cheng starts to summon the energy and gather it, but it is pretty strong. I took some of the talismans Wei Ying drew for me and added some power. The result is effectively, and the spirit takes shape. I hum a melody and start talking to the soul.