Chapter Twenty Two: What Shall We Do now?

Chapter Twenty Two: What Shall We Do Now?

Austin's P.O.V

********
RECAP

'They were here, they came in here. They were here while we were sleeping. If they could get in here, then it would be no problem for them to find me anywhere.' I thought, letting the paper slip from my fingers and onto the plush blanket we'd been using last night.

My throat constricted as I collapsed onto the floor, curling into the feral position.

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I whispered, fighting back tears as I tried I collect my thoughts.

'This will only end in pain....'
*********

I came back to myself as I continued to walk to god knows where. Half an hour ago, I snuck out of the house and ran through the woods.

I don't know where I am, but at least Jace and the pack will be safe. Dean, Jared, everyone will be safe.

That's all I care about....even if it means I will have to be alone and running for the rest of my short life.

With that thought in mind, I continued my journey towards the south, readying myself for the events to come.

************

Jace's P.O.V

"Find him now!" I yelled, slamming my fists on my desk.

"A-Alpha....we have the best wolf's looking for him. His s-scent is scattered in three directions. We don't know which way t-to go...." Tristan, my Theta, stuttered, cowering with his head bowed.

"I know....I'm sorry. Its just....if anything happens to him, I'm going to die. I can't....I just can't lose him." I muttered, closing my eyes in agony.

"I know, Alpha. I'd be the same way with Ariel." He mumbled, blushing at the thought of his mate.

"Thank you for your help. Keep searching. Split into three different groups and follow his scent." Was my only reply.

"Um, Alpha, about that...."

My head snapped up and my eyebrows scrunched up, "what?"

"His scent leads to the human world, and to the outskirts of Rogue territory...." His sentence trailed off, his eyes roamed the floor, and he began to shake like a leaf.

"Didn't you say there were three paths?" I asked, narrowing my eyes in suspicion.

"Mhmm...." He whimpered, taking a step back.

"What's the third one?" I asked, using my Alpha voice to sway him into submission.

"Itleadstowardshisoldpack'sterritory" His jumbled words poured out, too fast to understand.

"One more time please, and just a little slower this time."

"His....his scent leads towards the Silver Bear's territory."

************************

Austin's P.O.V

Pain stretched through my body as I received blow after blow, taking in ragged breaths as I tried to keep myself up.

With a huge groan, I heaved myself up and landed on the dirt covered ground. I took in a deep breath and sat up as best as I could.

I turned towards the river I'd just climbed out of. With a frown, I shook my head in contempt.

"Why are rivers always so cold? That makes no sense to me, especially if it's 100 degrees outside. It's almost like getting beat up by a gang...." I muttered to myself.

After a few minutes of air drying, I put my clothes and shoes back on, and then started my wall again.

I was about halfway through my old pack's territory when I first came into contact with a Rogue. It didn't notice me or anything, but it was still quite scary.

Funny thing is, I hid behind a bush while the Rogue scarfed up a rabbit and trotted off somewhere.

With another heavy sigh, I continue my journey through this hazardous forest, hoping to still be alive by the day's end.

************************

I was almost there.

It was right there, I could taste the freedom of the Rogue territory,

I could just reach out and touch, smell it even.

Then they came.

"Halt. What business do you have on this land?"

"None....I'm just....I'm just passing trough." I whispered, my daring to turn around.

"No fucking way. Hey Marisol, look who we have here." The person shouted, soon followed by a squeal.

"Is that my little twinkie, Austin!?" He yelled, leaves crunching as she started to walk towards the man behind me.

"Turn around and show your face." The man ordered, growling towards the end of the sentence.

I held my breath and did as told.

My heart skipped a beat as my eyes landed on Marisol with her arms wrapped around a man I didn't know.

"Oh, it is! What're you doing here, faggot? Why are you all alone?" She mocked, a sinister smirk butchering her features.

"I....I'm not alone." I muttered, trying to calm my heart and control my breathing.

"Really? There doesn't seem to be anyone else here." She teased, fiddling with unknown man's hair.

"Eh hm." The man said, clearing his throat rather loudly as his eyelids fluttered closed and then opened.

'His eyes flickered from blue to hazel for a second.' I thought, squinting my eyes in confusion.

"Oh, where are my manners?" Marisol squeaked, shaking her head in self-disgust.

'In Hell where you should be.' I thought, hanging my head low.

"Faggot, this is Cane. He's a very good friend of Spencers. You might know him as Calvin. Cane, darling, this is Austin." Marisol practically purred in the man's ear.

Right as I heard the man's name, my heart all but stopped.

Calvin.

'That's Jace's ex-mate's name....he couldn't possibly be the same man.'

Cane took in a deep breath and released a forced chuckle with a hard shake of his head.

His eyes fluttered twice before he actually spoke, "Austin. Well, it's nice to finally meet the person I'm supposed to kill."

********