Chapter Eight: Finding My Mate

Listen to Sad Song by We The Kings.

***********

Chapter Eight: Finding My Mate

Austin's P.O.V

********

RECAP

"I'll go pick up your little brother in a little bit, for now you need to rest. Tomorrow you'll go to school one last time, come back here, gather your's and your brother's things, and we'll be on our way. Okay?"

He lazily nodded and let his eyes flutter closed.

With a fond smile, I kissed his forehead once again and tucked him and the pup in before walking towards the door.

I glanced back at his sleeping figure, and with a sigh, quietly left the room to go pick up his brother.

********

I groaned in pain as I lay on the cold hardwood floor.

I tried to sit up, but groaned in pain when I fell back down, my fingers slipped in my own blood.

Pain.

That's all I felt as I lay in an empty room. I had gone to school like Jace told me I should, but now I was severely regretting it.

I was once again cornered by Marisol, but this time she was with more of her followers.

Rebecca and Ambria Rose, also known as 'The Terrible Twins'.

They do anything she tells them to do out of fear of their secret getting out, via Marisol.

You see, the twins are lesbians, and they're mates.

They're okay with it, but they don't want to tell the pack yet. Most of the pack are stuck in the traditional times, the whole lesbian thing was frowned upon.

How do I know this?

The twins and I used to be the best of friends when we were toddlers, but that changed when Marisol told them what happened with my mom.

They hadn't thought much about it, but one day Marisol walked in on them kissing.

Ever since then they've forced themselves to obey her. No matter how much I wanted to believe they weren't doing it because they wanted to, but out of force.

I just couldn't believe that anymore.

Whether they admitted it or not, you always have a choice for the decisions you make. Someone can make you do something, yes, but it's your choice of how far you want to take it....

Moving on to the situation at hand.

They'd dragged me into an empty class room sometime around second period, beat me up while Marisol watched, and then left me here to wallow in my own blood.

After a few minutes of more struggling, I'd finally had enough strength to stand.

Not counting my wobbling knees and throbbing stomach, I actually wasn't hurt that bad.

I carefully limped to the door and slowly pushed it open.

I peeked out of the side before stepping out of the room and into the hallway. I glanced down the hallway to the right and saw Marisol and others walking towards me.