Chapter Twenty One: Oh Crap We Forgot Pt. 2

Chapter Twenty One: Oh Crap, We Forgot Pt. 2

Austin's P.O.V

************
RECAP

"You are tired, we should take a nap." Jace decided, flipping us over so he was on the bottom and I was curled up on his chest this time.

"Y-you don't h-have to." I mumbled, already on the verge of sleeping.

"I want to. If I can't fall asleep, I'll just hold you and keep you safe." He cooed, kissing my cheek as he settled back into the mattress with the blankets pulled over us.

"O-okay." I whispered, already half asleep by the time we were tucked in.

"Sweet dreams, love. I'll be here whenever you wake up." With that said, his soft voice lulled me to sleep.

It was his voice that left me unprepared for the disarray and panic that would ensue once I'd woken from this peaceful slumber wrapped in Jace's strong arms.
************

I yawned, stifling the sound with my lips as I noticed Jace was still asleep. A small smile spread across my face as I took in his peaceful looking face.

Despite him acting as if he were okay, I could still see the lines of stress drawn across his forehead and the slightly gray bags of sleep ghosting his eye sockets.

With a sad smile on my face, I pressed a light kiss to his left cheek and turned my back to him. I glanced at the night stand next to the bed to check the time: 9:30am. Before turning back around, I raised an eyebrow when I saw a single sheet of paper resting next to the lamp, folded into a snug little square.

A shiver ran down my spine as I glanced at Jace before reaching over and grabbing it off the stand. Goosebumps bubbled across my arms as I slowly unfolded the paper, something in me telling me to put it back down and go back to sleep.

A pang tore through my heart as I read the note.

************

Well hello there Austin,

Since you've received this letter, that means that you didn't heed my warning to stay away from Jace or kill yourself.

It seems as though you've chosen to do this the hard way, so you really want to do this? I thought it would be easy for you, seeing as though you've already tried once before. I guess not.

Anyways, you have a week 'til my Master comes for Jace's pack. When the week is up and they are all still in good health and breathing, we will come for all of you. Since you've wasted my time, I will make sure to kill you as painfully as possible.

It doesn't matter what you do with this information, my job will be complete. Until the day I die I live to serve my master. I guess it sucks to be you at the moment, am I right?

Oh, and as for you my dear, Aussy. My master has given me permission to take you at anytime I deem convenient. If I were you, I would watch my back.

In case you're wondering, there is a way to keep the pack safe. Just leave Jace and the pack alone and they will live. As long as you remain in contact with them, you will be putting them in danger. Their blood will be on your hands.

No pressure though.

Auf wiedersehen, baby boy, kisses.

************

My throat constricted and my whole body stilled.

'They were here, they came in here. They were here while we were sleeping. If they could get in here, then it would be no problem for them to find me anywhere.' I thought, letting the paper slip from my fingers and onto the plush blanket we'd been using last night.

My throat constricted as I collapsed onto the floor, curling into the feral position.

"What the hell am I supposed to do?" I whispered, fighting back tears as I tried I collect my thoughts.

'This will only end in pain....'

**************