Chapter Fifteen: One of Us Now

Jace's P.O.V

***********

RECAP

"Do you, Austin Justine Stephens hereby swear in front of all these witnesses to never betray, harm, or try to destroy this pack?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to always stay loyal to this pack and your Alpha no matter what the situation?"

"I swear."

"Do you swear to put your life on the line to protect this pack, and to never intentionally hurt a pack member?"

"I swear."

"Lastly, do you swear to never leave the pack in a time of danger or need?"

"I swear."

***********

He's done it, he's now a part of the family.

Of course he was before this, but now it's official, everyone outside of this pack would know he belonged to me.

I mean the pack....he belongs to the pack now.

I scooped him into my arms, lifting him into the air and twirling him around. I gently placed him back on his feet, but kept him locked against my chest.

"You did it! I'm so proud of you." I whispered into his ear, smiling when I felt him shiver against me.

"T-thank y-you." He whispered, causing me to pull back a little and give hm a confused look.

"For what?"

"F-for....everyth-thing." He whispered, a blush spreading across his cheeks.

"Oh, hun, no thanks necessary. I did all of this because I wanted to, I couldn't let you guys just stay there with those horrible people." I answered back, hugging him close to me again.

he blushed and snuggled his face into my neck, causing the crowd to 'awww.'

With a chuckle, I gently pulled away from Austin and stepped away from him.

"Alright, now it's your brother's turn okay? After this, we can go back inside the house and introduce you guys to some pack members, sound good?" He nodded at me and stepped back, motioning for his sleepy looking brother to step up next to me on the pedestal.

Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, Jared stood up next to me and let a sleepy yawn, mumbling, "let's do this."

With a grin on my face, I swore him in as well, the crowd reacting the same way as we finished up.

"Jared you look exhausted, you can go back to your room and lay down if you want. You can meet the pack tomorrow if you want." I asked when Jared yawned again, not at all surprised when he nodded his head and swiftly made his way back up the stairs and to his room.

Chuckling, I turned back to Austin and took his hand in mine.

"Shall we?" I asked, kissing his cheek.

With a fierce blush spreading across his cheeks, he nodded his head and motioned for me to lead the way.

Shaking my head I stepped into the house and walked towards the living room, making my way to the center of the living room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about two hours and a half of introducing Austin to all the elders and every adult pack member there, it was safe to say that Austin looked more than a little overwhelmed.

Excusing us from the room, and telling everyone goodnight, I took Austin into the kitchen.

Slowly nudging the door open, I peered in, surprised to find it empty except for a few large snack bowls.

I pulled Austin in behind me and shut the door quietly.

I turned to him and smiled, he was rubbing at his eyes with both hands as if he were four years old. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him against me.

"Tired, love?"

I felt him nod against my chest, my shirt bunching and riding up my stomach. I heard him gasp and take in a deep breath, tensing against me.

I looked down at him in concern, "you okay?"

He nodded his head and blushed, "I-I'm f-fine....just t-tired."

Unconvinced, I only nodded and took his hand in mine, chuckling when his blush deepened.

"Well let's get you to bed, Tiny." I said, using the nickname I'd given him a while back.

He stared at the ground, trailing behind me as we made our way up the stairs. We passed a few rooms and hopped into the elevator. Punching in the code, I pulled Austin against me and waited for the doors to close.

The buzzer on the elevator dinged as I cursed the elevator for stopping so soon.

With a disappointed sigh, I glared at the doors before stepping into the hallway. I lead Austin down the hall and into my bedroom, ignoring his confused stare.

I shut the door behind us and began to undress.

Stripping off my shirt, I tossed into the clothes basket in the corner of the room, my hands going to my jeans. I slowly unbuttoned my jeans and threw into the clothes basket as well, walking over to the dresser by the bed.

"Do you sleep in pajamas or....?" I asked over my shoulder.

When I received no response, I turned to find Austin staring at me with lust-filled eyes. His mouth was slightly agape, and his eyes had drooped down a little. I'm not certain, but I swear he was drooling a little.

Smirking, I cleared my throat.

He snapped his mouth shut and blushed, dropping his gaze to the floor. Smirk still situated on my face, I made my way over to him.

I wrapped one arm around his waist, and the other lifted his chin up so he was looking me in the eyes.

"Like what you see?" I asked. I didn't give him to answer before I continued on, "because I sure as hell am enjoying what I see."

To emphasize my point, I let my eyes trail down his body, sending him a toothy grin when he shivered against me.

"I-I...." He stuttered, confusion and desire swimming in his irises.

"Austin." I whispered into his ear, earning myself another shiver.

"Y-yeah?" He stuttered out, his eyes widening a bit.

I held in a groan as I trailed kisses up the hollow of his neck and back to his ear.

"Can I kiss you?"

He froze in my arms, his breathing picking up and coming out in gasps. For a minute there was nothing but silence, and I thought he was going to say no and leave my room.

Then he said something that seemed to surprise us both. He brought his arms around the back of my neck and buried his face into the side of my neck.

"Y-yes...."

~~~~~~~~~~