Chapter One: Torture

              Austin's P.O.V

I pulled into the school's parking lot, and weighed my options. I was currently trying to find a spot closest to the entrance doors when I realized I'd be here all day if I didn't choose soon. I sighed and pulled into a suitable spot, two rows from the doors, and turned the car off. I hooked my parking permit onto the rear view mirror, making sure it was in full view of anyone walking passed. I turned in my seat and glanced out of the back window. I grimaced as I saw Marisol and her cronies standing by the main doors.

'G-great,' I thought, another morning of mockery and insults.

I turned back around and let my head fall back on the headrest. I sat there for a few more minutes and tried to calm myself by taking deep breaths.

I reached behind me and grabbed the hoodie I'd taken from my room earlier. I slipped it on over my head, tugged it down over my back, and pulled it over my front pockets. I quickly pulled the hood over my pitch black hair, and reluctantly left the safety of my car.

I shut the door and pushed the lock button on my keys twice, a pattern I always stick to to make sure all the doors were locked. I shuddered as memories of all the bad things that have happened to me in my car the last time I was careless began to replay in my head. I held in a shiver as I began the seemingly long trek across the street, my breaths shortening with each step.

I put my hands in my jacket's pockets and pointed my face down towards the sidewalk. I concentrated solely on staring at the cement beneath my converse clad feet.

'One crack, two cracks, three cracks...' I counted, attempting in vain to distract myself.

I walked on shaky legs, faltering a tad as I realized I'd finally reached the group. My breathing seized as I began to pass by them.

'Four cracks, five cracks, six cracks, seven...'

The large group consisted of Marisol, Spencer, Chassidy, Aaron, Steve, Bryan, and Alan. Their roles in the pack are important, which means whatever they did to me didn't matter.

Who would stand up to them for me? Who would pick trash over royalty?

'Eight cracks, nine cracks, ten...'

They get away with everything.

Marisol, the pack slut, is the girlfriend of Spencer, the soon to be Alpha. Ever since she was a little girl, she'd dreamed of becoming Luna. I never believed she would actually be chosen, considering the fact that she was far from what a Luna should be.

'Why do you care?' This thought ran through my head and I couldn't help but wonder.

Why do I care? If my mate didn't accept me I wouldn't be here long enough to see her be crowned, so why was I so hurt when I found out they were together?

'You know why..'

I ignored that thought and continued walking, trying my best to avoid eye contact with anything but the gum stained ground.

I was momentarily distracted when Chassidy's brightly colored scarf almost wacked me in the face. It was loosely hanging around her neck and the ends were flapping like sails in the wind. I quickly sidestepped and got my focus together.

Chassidy is the mate of Bryan, they've been together for about three years. They found out they were mates after Bryan was given the position as third in command. Steve is Bryan's best friend and my older brother. Though, he doesn't want anyone to know we're related, so he treats me like a complete stranger.